Listings allow you to promote your products to potential customers. They are the main way that consumers discover your offerings. They are also your primary marketing tool, so it's important that you take the time to create an attractive-looking listing. Although you are not required to fill in every field, the more information you provide, the easier it will be for prospects to decide if your offering is what they need. Consumers will want to see screen captures, videos, details on pricing and support, and a great description of the value that your offering brings to them. See best practices for creating a successful listing.
Content providers can list image, feature, and tiled services in ArcGIS Marketplace.
The following requirements must be met for your listing to appear in ArcGIS Marketplace:
- You must have a membership in an ArcGIS Online organization with listing privileges. Listing privileges are indicated by a Marketplace section in the ArcGIS Online item with a Create Listing link.
- You must have an administrator role in the organization.
- The listing must be private; you cannot list an item you've shared with everyone (public), your organization, or groups to which you belong.
- Your listings are viewable by all visitors to ArcGIS Marketplace, but only consumers with the correct privileges in ArcGIS Online can get, try, or buy your item.
Considerations before creating a listing
Before starting the listing process, it is recommended that you have certain items readily available. Assets such as a product overview, screen captures, short videos, a banner design, system requirements, and terms and conditions are things to have defined before you start the process of creating a listing. It is important that these assets support the sales and marketing strategy for the listing.
Asset descriptions and specifications are outlined below:
- Product overview—Craft a clear and appealing overview that helps potential users quickly and easily understand the value of your product or service.
- Thumbnail listing image—Create an image that will stand out in ArcGIS Marketplace search results and on the ArcGIS Marketplace home page, if featured there. This image provides the first impression of the listing. For best results, your image should be 286 pixels wide by 190 pixels high.
- ArcGIS Marketplace listing banner—Create a custom design that suits your product or service. This banner appears at the top of your listing page once a user selects your listing. For best results, your image should be 1,220 pixels wide by 320 pixels high.
- Screen captures—Use screen captures that show off your listing's value. Screen captures should complement the text description of the product or service listing. You can upload up to four PNG, GIF, or JPG images with a maximum file size of 1 MB per image. Allocated space per image is 960 pixels wide by 540 pixels high.
- Search engine optimization (SEO)—Make sure you have thought through the most effective keywords or tags for your listing that describe your offering and enable it to be easily discoverable via common search engines. Remember to separate terms or words with commas based on how potential customers would discover your products or services (for example, ArcGIS Online is considered one tag; ArcGIS, Online is considered two tags). For more examples, see Add items.
- YouTube video—Have a demonstration or marketing video uploaded so you can embed a link to it from your listing page. This video should complement the text and any other visuals provided in the listing.
- Industries and category tags—Determine and update your listing to include all the potential industries and categories your product or services support. Tagging your listing will improve discoverability. You can have up to five industries and five categories.
- System requirements—Ensure potential users can clearly understand these important details and easily find out how to get help.
- Terms and conditions—Add information that will allow potential users to understand the importance of this section. One way to keep this in sync is to provide a link to this information on your web page.
Note:If you have content in a Word document that will be used in the listing, use a basic text editor or convert to basic text before copying and pasting the content into the listing. Do not copy and paste directly from a Word document into the listing, because it may cause errors. Once the content is copied, you can style the text using the editing controls in ArcGIS Marketplace.
There are two licensing options when creating listings, license by organization and license by member. If you have an existing listing that is license by organization and you want to change it to make it license by member, follow these steps:
- From the details page of the app (on the Content page), click the Create Listing button that appears under the Marketplace section of the Settings tab.
- Click Unpublish on the existing listing to remove visibility of and accessibility to the listing for new members in ArcGIS Marketplace.
Note:Using Unpublish does not remove access to your app for existing users.
- Publish the new listing.
- Migrate existing users to the newly published listing at the appropriate time.
Moving forward, all new members will purchase and get provisioned via the new license-by-member model.