Signing in to ArcGIS Maps for Power BI using your ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise organizational account allows you access to private and secure content from your organization. Your ArcGIS account must have the required user type and license to access all the ArcGIS Maps for Power BI features. Public ArcGIS accounts are not supported.
ArcGIS add-on license
To access all the features of ArcGIS Maps for Power BI, you must have an ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise organizational account with the user type Viewer or higher and the appropriate ArcGIS Maps for Power BI add-on license. An ArcGIS Maps for Power BI add-on license can be purchased and assigned to members by your ArcGIS administrator.
For more information about ArcGIS user types, see User types, roles, and privileges. To inquire about licensing, contact Esri. If you're in the United States, send an email to email@example.com or call 1-888-377-4575 (choose option 5). Outside of the United States, contact your local Esri distributor.
ArcGIS services and privileges
To use ArcGIS Maps for Power BI with ArcGIS, your ArcGIS account must have access to the following services:
- Geocoding/locator service
- Geoenrichment service
- Network analysis service
You must sign in to ArcGIS with a user account that includes privileges to view content and groups in an ArcGIS Online ArcGIS organization or an on-premises ArcGIS Enterprise deployment. Public ArcGIS accounts are not supported.
The following account privileges are required:
- General privileges > Members > View
- General privileges > Groups > Join organizational groups
- General privileges > Groups > View groups shared with portal
- General privileges > Content > View content shared with portal
- General privileges > Content > Content and analysis > Geocoding, Network Analysis, GeoEnrichment
If one or more of these services or privileges are not available, some ArcGIS Maps for Power BI will not be available or will have limited capabilities, including the following examples:
- Geocoding—If the Geocoding service is not available, you cannot add locations to the map using address data. Use latitude and longitude coordinates or map your data using standard administrative boundaries.
- Find nearby—If the Network Analysis service is not available, the Find Nearby feature has limited capabilities. Although you can create a radius buffer, you cannot perform drive-time analysis.
- Location type—If the Geocoding and GeoEnrichment services are not available, the Location type feature is unavailable.
- Infographics—If the GeoEnrichment service is not available, the Infographics feature is unavailable. If the GeoEnrichment service is available but the Network Analysis service is not, the Infographics feature will have limited capabilities. You can create study areas for the infographics cards.
- Living Atlas—This feature must be explicitly enabled by your ArcGIS Enterprise administrator. If Living Atlas is not enabled in your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment, it is not available in ArcGIS Maps for Power BI.