Use the Countdown template to display a list of locations in a map or scene ranked by values for a specified field. Provide a summary for the ranked locations and information about the feature order. App users can explore the locations highlighted in the map and use the countdown section to gain more knowledge about the associated attributes. They can pin feature information and use the leaderboard to compare and contrast locations in the ranked list for a better overall understanding of the data. (To learn more, see the blog article about using Countdown.)
Choose this template to create an app for use cases such as the following examples:
- Present the top ten most visited national parks in a given year.
- Provide commentary and reasoning behind ranked lists with additional text.
- Compare and contrast features in a map or scene to derive deeper understanding.
The following list includes key settings and capabilities that you can configure for this app:
- Set a ranking field and a ranking order based on a specified field.
- Apply layer effects to differentiate selected ranked features from the rest of the features in the map.
- Include summary text to provide context for the ordered list and help users draw conclusions.
- Provide a play button for app users to cycle through all countdown and leaderboard lists without requiring additional interaction.
- Keep the area in the map in focus by using a navigation boundary or disabling the ability to scroll.
All Instant Apps templates include settings for a Home button and zoom controls, a legend, and the ability to search the map or data.