Insights for ArcGIS is a data analytics workbench that offers spatial and nonspatial analysis capabilities to explore data and deliver powerful results.
Insights is available in three deployment options:
- Insights for ArcGIS in ArcGIS Online
- Insights for ArcGIS in ArcGIS Enterprise
- Insights Local
Insights for ArcGIS in ArcGIS Online
Insights Online is a browser-based deployment that is licensed through an ArcGIS Online organization. The Insights Online deployment allows users to access data from their ArcGIS Online organization and share items with other members of their organization or with the public.
Insights for ArcGIS in ArcGIS Enterprise
Insights Enterprise is a browser-based deployment that is installed and licensed through an ArcGIS Enterprise organization. The Insights Enterprise deployment includes the same features as Insights Online, with the added security of hosting your software and data on your own servers, along with access to database connections and a scripting console.
Insights Local is currently in Beta mode.
Insights Local is installed locally on your Windows or macOS machine. The local deployment allows users to take Insights with them and use it without an internet connection. Insights Local users must have an Insights Enterprise or Insights Online account.
The following Insights capabilities are only available in Insights Local when you are connected to the internet and signed in to an Insights Enterprise or Insights Online account:
- Sharing pages to an organization, groups, or the public.
- Access feature layers from an ArcGIS organization.
- Enable location by address using the World Geocoding Service.
The following Insights capabilities are not available in the Insights Local beta:
- Use Create Buffer/Drive Time with a travel mode.
- Use Enrich Data.
- Use Calculate Density.
- Sharing data, workbooks, themes, and models to an organization, groups, or the public.
Insights capabilities and deployment options
Most of the capabilities in Insights, such as creating maps, charts, and tables, performing spatial and nonspatial analysis, enabling location, creating relationships, and calculating fields, are available in all Insights deployments. The following capabilities and features are not available in all deployments:
- Create database connections — Available in Insights Enterprise and Insights Local
- Use the scripting console — Available in Insights Enterprise and Insights Local
- Share data — Available in Insights Enterprise and Insights Online
- Share a workbook — Available in Insights Enterprise and Insights Online
- Package a workbook — Available in Insights Local
- Save content locally — Available in Insights Local