An Insights for ArcGIS page can be customized using a combination of colors, font sizes, images, and other settings to help you present your data and analysis effectively. You can customize the page using company colors and logos to make sure that you are communicating your analysis consistently with your company standards.
Each page that you create will be customized for individual purposes. Therefore, the settings that you use will be different depending on what you are trying to communicate. The following steps provide a generalized workflow for creating a page with all the settings. You may choose to skip or modify steps based on which settings are relevant for your project.
- Make sure you are looking at Insights in Page view , rather than Analysis view (Page view is the default).
- Click the Page Settings button to display the Color Options pane. The pane can be used to change the background and foreground color.
The background color will not be included on a printed page in order to limit the amount of ink used. If you want your printed page to have a certain background color, you should use colored paper for printing.
- Click the drop-down menu under the Widget button in the data pane and choose Text & Media to add a text and media card to the page. Use the side toolbar of the active card to access more options for the card.
- Click the Style button to change the font size, text alignment, colors, border, and other properties.
- If you want to add media, click the Media Options button . You can embed media from a URL or browse to an image on your computer.
- Click the Delete button to remove the card from your page.
- Resize and move the cards around your page so that they are displayed in a way that is easy to understand. If your cards do not fit on the page, click the Zoom in button and Zoom out button to adjust them.
If you want to reuse the customized settings or share them with other members of your organization, you can share the settings as a theme. Themes save the page settings and placeholders for all the cards used on your page with the card settings applied. Optionally you can embed text, such as a commonly used title, and images, like your company logo. Other content, such as data or models, is not saved with a theme.
Text and media
To save text and media with the theme, activate the text and media card with the content you'd like to embed. Click the Include with Theme button . The content on the card will be saved when the theme is shared.
By default, the content is not shared with a theme unless you have explicitly chosen to include it.
If you change your mind and decide not to include the content with the theme, click the Do not include with Theme button . You can also reshare your theme to update the setting.
Apply a theme
To apply a theme, click the Add button above the data pane. Navigate to the Theme tab, select your theme, and click add. Your page will then be updated with the applied settings in the theme.
Only one theme can be applied to a page at a time.
When a theme is applied to a page, the settings, including position, are applied to the cards on the page. Cards from your page will be placed in the position of cards of the same type when possible. The cards will be placed using the following system:
- If the theme and your page both have two maps and two charts, then the maps and charts will be moved to the corresponding placements from the theme in the order they are found on your page.
- If your page does not have all of the same card types, then the cards of the same type will be placed first and the extra cards will be placed in the position of the remaining card.
- If your page has fewer cards than the theme, then a placeholder card will be added in the placement specified in the theme.
- If your page contains more cards than the theme, then your cards will be placed as described above and the remaining cards will be placed at the bottom of the page.
If your page has unused placeholder cards, you can replace them with any card type. The exception is a text and media placeholder card, which can only be filled with text and media. To create a card on a placeholder, activate the placeholder card and drag the fields to the drop zones. Alternatively, you can use the buttons above the data pane. You can remove a placeholder card from the page using the Delete button .
With the exception of a text and media placeholder card, a placeholder card can be replaced by any card type. Simply, activate the placeholder card and drag and drop fields or use the buttons at the top of the data pane to create a new card in its place that will take on the card settings defined in the theme. If a placeholder card is no longer needed simply delete the card using the Delete button .
If you share a page with a placeholder card, a blank card will appear in the Page Viewer. It is best practice to remove the placeholder card before sharing your page.