Profiles are available in Insights in ArcGIS Enterprise and Insights in ArcGIS Online.
Your profile contains personal settings like your name, email address, and password.
The profile in Insights is a condensed version of your ArcGIS profile. Any updates made to your profile in Insights will be reflected in your profile in ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Online.
View and edit your profile
Use the following steps to view or edit your profile:
- Sign in to Insights, if necessary.
- Do one of the following:
- Click the Settings tab on the home page.
- Click your profile picture at the top of your page then click My profile.
- View and edit the necessary settings.
- Click Save changes to save the edits and exit your profile. Click Cancel to exit without making changes.
An email will be sent to the email address associated with your account indicating that your profile settings have been changed.
Your profile contains personal information, such as your name, email address, and user type.
Your profile picture can be changed or removed using the Edit photo button . To change your profile picture, click the Edit photo button then click Change photo. Browse to the picture you want to make your profile picture and click Open. Supported file formats include PNG, JPEG, and GIF. For best results, choose a picture that is 150 pixels high by 150 pixels wide.
To remove your profile picture, click the Edit photo button, then click Remove photo.
Your first name and last name can be edited from your profile in Insights. Your first and last name will be visible for members of your organization (for example, when filtering by owner on the home page).
Your email address can be viewed under Personal information. Users with administrative privileges can also edit their email address.
User type and role
Your user type and role are displayed under Personal information. User types and roles can only be changed in your ArcGIS portal by users with administrator privileges. For more information on changing a user type or role, see Manage members in the ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise help.
For Insights in ArcGIS Enterprise users with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1 or earlier, only the role will be displayed. All Insights users with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1 or earlier have a Level 2 account.
For more information, see Licensing.
The user settings include the default tab that will be displayed on the home page. You can choose either the Home tab or the Workbooks tab as the default.
Other user settings are saved based on the choices you make as you use Insights. You can reset all of the following settings using the Reset all user settings check box:
- Skip the Welcome to Insights window.
- Set the default tab on the home page
- Setting in the View items menu on the home page.
- View items on the home page using Tile view .
- Don't ask me again checkbox when updating a shared page or theme.
User settings are stored locally when using Insights in ArcGIS Enterprise. Therefore, the settings will also be reset by clearing the browser cache or switching to a new browser.
Your profile includes a Password section, where both your password and security question can be updated, and multifactor authentication can be enabled.
The password for your account can be changed from your profile. Click the Change password button and enter your username and password if prompted. Enter your current password and new password in the text boxes on the Change Password page. Click Change password to apply the changes. Passwords must be at least eight characters and contain at least one letter and one number. Your password is case sensitive and spaces are not allowed.
Weak passwords won't be accepted. A password is considered weak if it is commonly used, such as password1 or includes repetitive or sequential characters, such as aaaabbbb or 1234abcd.
For security reasons, the answer to your security question is not displayed on your profile. You can change only the answer to your security question or change both the security question and answer.
Multifactor authentication provides an extra level of security by requiring a verification code in addition to a user name and password when you sign in. Multifactor authentication must be configured in your organization before it can be enabled for your account. Use the following steps to enable multifactor authentication for your account:
- Click the Enable button next to Enable mulitfactor authentication.
- If necessary, install a supported authenticator app on your mobile device: Google Authenticator (for Android or iOS) or Authenticator (for Windows Phone). Once the authenticator is installed, click Next.
- Use your authentication app to scan the QR code that appears and click Next. If you have trouble scanning, click Can't scan the code?, type the 16-character code that appears, and click Next.
- Enter the unique, time-sensitive six-digit verification code that the app provides and click Finish.
For more information on multifactor authentication, see Manage profile in the ArcGIS Online help documentation.