Available for an ArcGIS organization licensed with the Indoors extension.
Indoor Space Planner allows you to assign occupants to individual spaces or activity-based work areas and define these work areas for hot desks or office hotels. You can use ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Online to share your floor-aware web maps based on your organization’s requirements.
Space Planner web maps published to an ArcGIS organization on Enterprise or ArcGIS Online provide a similar Space Planner app experience but differ in the way the web maps are set up and shared. Sharing a Space Planner web map to Enterprise requires setting up branch versioning in your Enterprise geodatabase and enabling version management for the editable web layers when publishing. This is required by the Space Planner app to support space plan management.
Sharing a Space Planner web map to ArcGIS Online only requires sharing web maps to support visualization and space plan management workflows. Consult with your organization management before choosing an environment for deploying the app.
To host app services on an Enterprise portal, ArcGIS Indoors requires ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 or later. Check with your system administrator to ensure your ArcGIS Enterprise installation is fully configured and free from issues before sharing.
Share a Space Planner web map to Enterprise
Sharing a Space Planner web map to an Enterprise portal is a multistep process that includes the following high-level steps:
- Share a feature layer that contains the Units
and Occupants feature classes and the Areas table
with branch versioning enabled.
You can include additional layers in the branch versioned feature layer. For example, if you plan to update floor plans and import them from a CAD or BIM file, you can include all of your floor plan layers (Facilities, Levels, Units, and Details) as part of the branch versioned feature layer. When you import updated CAD or BIM files, you can then import them directly to a branch version and integrate them into your web apps.
- Update the data source for the Units and Occupants layers and the Areas table in the map you prepared in ArcGIS Pro to the shared branch versioned feature layer.
If you shared additional layers as part of the branch versioned feature layer, you can choose to update the data sources for these layers, but it isn't required.
- Share the web map to your portal to use in the Space Planner app.
To use the Reference registered data option to share your Space Planner versioned feature layer, you must register the data store with your ArcGIS Enterprise portal’s federated servers. To create a data store for your geodatabase on your portal, register the data store before publishing using the Manage registered data stores pane.
If you don't register your geodatabase as a data store on your Enterprise portal, an analyzer error message appears when you share the layers as referenced data. Click the error message on the analyzer to register the data store.
Share a versioned feature layer
The sharing process for versioned data is the same as for any web layer except you must enable the version management capability for the feature layer.
- Open the map you prepared for Space Planner in ArcGIS Pro.
- Select the Occupants layer, Units layer, and Areas table in the Contents pane.
- Right-click and click Sharing > Share As Web Layer.
The Share As Web Layer pane appears.
- Complete the following steps to use the Share As Web Layer pane to share your Space Planner versioned feature layers to your Enterprise portal.
- Click the Configuration tab in the Share As Web Layer pane.
- In the Capabilities section, check the Version Management check box.
This is required for the feature layer to participate in versioning workflows.
If this option is not available in the Capabilities list, the source data for the layers may not be registered as versioned, or may not have branch versioning enabled on the data store connection. You must address this before proceeding.
- Click the Configure Pooling button near the top of the pane.
- In the Instance Type section, choose Dedicated Instance.
Shared instance pools don't support version management.
- Click Analyze to fix any errors.
- Click Publish.
Update the data source for Space Planner layers
Update the data source to the branch versioned feature layer you shared to your portal for the Units and Occupants layers, the Areas table, and optionally any other layers you shared as branch versioned.
Using branch versioning for the Units and Occupants layers and the Areas table is required to make updates to space assignments in the Space Planner app.
- On the View tab, in the Windows group, click Catalog View .
A new Catalog view appears.
- On the Catalog tab, in the Update group, click Data Sources .
The layers and stand-alone tables referenced in the entire current project are listed along with the path to their data source. Or you can filter this list to show the contents of one map only by selecting the map in the Contents pane of the Catalog view.
- Click the Browse button in the New Path column for the Occupants layer.
- Choose the Occupants layer from the branch versioned feature layer you shared to your portal.
- Update the data source for the Units layer, the Areas table, and any other layers for which you want to update the data source.
- Under Manage, on the Data Sources tab, click Close to close the Update Data Sources mode of the Catalog view.
Your map is now ready to share to your portal and be used to configure a Space Planner app.
Share a Space Planner web map in Enterprise
You can share a Space Planner web map that contains only feature layers or includes map image layers. Map image layer-based web maps provide support for symbology scales, advanced cartography, and performance and scalability.
To share a Space Planner web map, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to your Enterprise portal in ArcGIS Pro.
- Open the map you prepared for Space Planner.
On the Share tab, in the Share As group, click Web Map .
The Share As Web Map pane appears.
- For Select a Configuration, choose one of the following options:
- Reference Registered Data: Exploratory—Map layers are shared as a dynamically rendered map image layer. Only the layers sourced from the branch versioned feature layer are editable.
- Reference Registered Data: Editable—Map layers are shared as a dynamically rendered map image layer. Feature layers included in the map are also shared as an editable feature layer.
- Copy all data: Exploratory—Feature layers are shared as a web feature layer with editing turned off.
- Copy all data: Editable—Feature layers are shared as a web feature layer with editing turned on.
The layers that are sourced from the branch versioned feature layer you created when preparing the map for Space Planner will be editable feature layers in the published web map regardless of the option you choose.
- Click Analyze and fix any errors in your web map.
- Click Publish to publish your web map.
- Browse to your web map in the portal and ensure that it published correctly.
- Set the accessibility of the Space Planner web map to other members or groups in your organization. You can share the services the app uses to everyone who needs to use the app. If the services are not shared to everyone, the app prompts users to sign in with their portal credentials.
You can configure a Space Planner app based on the shared web map.
Share a Space Planner web map to ArcGIS Online
You can share your Space Planner web map to ArcGIS Online with no additional steps needed to publish a web map to support plan management capabilities.
Map image layers are not supported in ArcGIS Online.
Complete the following steps to share a Space Planner web map to ArcGIS Online:
- Open the Space Planner map authored for ArcGIS Online in ArcGIS Pro.
- Connect to ArcGIS Online.
- On the Share tab, in the Share As group, click Web Map .
The Share As Web Map pane appears.
- For Select a Configuration, choose the Copy all data: Editable option.
- Click the Configuration tab and select the feature layer that contains the layers in your map.
- Click Properties, click the Configuration tab, and set the following:
- For the Enable editing and allow editors to option, choose the Add, update, and delete features option.
- Check the Export Data check box.
- Check the Preserve editor tracking info check box.
- Click Analyze and fix any errors in your web map.
- Click Publish to share your web map.
- Browse to your web map in your ArcGIS organization and ensure that it was shared correctly.
- Click the shared feature layer to open the item page and click the Settings tab.
- Under Editing, check the check boxes
for the following:
- Keep track of created and updated features
- Keep track of who created and last updated features
The Enable editing check box should already be checked.
- Click Save.
You can now configure a Space Planner app based on the shared web map.