Available with the ArcGIS Indoors Maps extension.
ArcGIS Indoors has preconfigured default values for how frequently tracking points are uploaded when the device is stationary or in motion. These values can be changed with customized configuration.
The following are the default values for tracking frequency and behavior:
|Frequency and behavior||Default value|
Uploading frequency when online
Storing frequency until network connectivity improves or has been restored
Maximum points to store until network connectivity improves or has been restored
Storing or uploading behavior when device is stationary
To change the default settings for how frequently tracking points are uploaded when a device is stationary or in motion, you need to add the custom values to the ArcGIS Indoors configuration table and include it in your web map.
- In the Contents pane, right-click the Indoors Configuration table and click Open.
The Indoors Configuration table view appears.
- Double-click the Config Value field for the following keys and set their values.
- LOCATION_TRANSMISSION_FREQUENCY—Specifies the frequency (in seconds) to share device location information.
- LOCATION_STORE_AND_FORWARD_FREQUENCY—Specifies the frequency (in seconds) to store device location events until network connectivity improves or has been restored.
- LOCATION_TRANSMIT_IF_STATIONARY—Specifies whether location information is reported when a device has not moved more than 3 meters.
- LOCATION_STORE_AND_FORWARD_MAX_POINTS—Specifies the maximum number of device location events to store until network connectivity improves or has been restored.
Choose the frequency to share location information based on the number of users and type of data store. Setting a frequency less than 10 seconds can cause high battery usage and network congestion.