Available for an ArcGIS organization licensed with the Indoors extension.
ArcGIS Indoors has preconfigured default values for the frequency of uploading tracking points when the device is stationary or in motion. These values can be changed with customized configuration.
The following are the default values for tracking frequency and behavior:
|Frequency and behavior||Default value|
Uploading frequency when online
Storing frequency until network connectivity improves or has been restored
Maximum points to store until network connectivity improves or has been restored
Storing or uploading behavior when device is stationary
To change the default settings for the frequency of uploading tracking points when a device is stationary or in motion, you need to add the custom values in the ArcGIS Indoors Configuration table and include it your mobile map package.
- Start ArcGIS Pro.
- Open the project that includes the map you prepared for use in the Indoors mobile apps.
- In the Contents pane, right-click the Indoors Configuration table and click Open.
The Indoors Configuration table view appears.
- Double-click the Config Value field for the following keys and set their values.
- LOCATION_TRANSMISSION_FREQUENCY—Specifies the frequency (in seconds) to post device location information.
- LOCATION_STORE_AND_FORWARD_FREQUENCY—Specifies the frequency (in seconds) to store device location events until network connectivity improves or has been restored.
- LOCATION_STORE_AND_FORWARD_MAX_POINTS—Specifies the maximum number of device location events to store until network connectivity improves or has been restored.
- LOCATION_TRANSMIT_IF_STATIONARY—Specifies whether location information is reported when a device has not moved more than 3 meters.
Choose the value of frequency to post location information based on the number of users and type of data store. Setting a frequency less than 10 seconds can cause high battery usage and network congestion.
Once you have customized the settings for device tracking frequency in the Indoors Configuration table, you can include it in your mobile map package when you create and share it to your ArcGIS organization.