Once the system requirements have been met and an ArcGIS Enterprise base deployment has been configured, you can install and authorize ArcGIS Excalibur.
Download the ArcGIS Excalibur setup
To download ArcGIS Excalibur, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to My Esri with your Esri Account that is associated with your customer number.
- Click My Organizations and click Downloads.
If you are using the Classic My Esri site, click My Organizations and click Downloads.
If you're a member of multiple organizations, make sure the name and customer number of the organization you want to work with appear at the top of the page. If they don't, click Organization List and choose a different organization. Then click Downloads.
Based on the customer number, all the products that are available to you are listed.
- Find the ArcGIS Enterprise product where you want to deploy ArcGIS Excalibur and click View Downloads.
For example, ArcGIS Enterprise Windows 10.7.
ArcGIS Excalibur is supported on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7 and later, and a full list of compatible versions can be found here.
- Expand the Apps section.
- Click Download for the ArcGIS Excalibur setup and save it to your machine.
Install ArcGIS Excalibur
You can install ArcGIS Excalibur on Windows or Linux machines.
Install ArcGIS Excalibur on Windows
Once ArcGIS Excalibur has been downloaded, install the software on the machine where your Enterprise portal is installed.
- Browse to the downloaded installation file, extract the archive file, and double-click the setup.exe file.
Note:The setup program detects the ArcGIS Enterprise components on your machine and verifies that you have the proper components installed. If the required components are not detected, the program closes. See software requirements for more information.
- Follow the directions in the installation wizard, including reading and accepting the license agreement. If you do not agree with the terms, you cannot complete the installation.
Note:The default installation directory is based on the installation directory of Portal for ArcGIS and cannot be changed.
Install ArcGIS Excalibur on Linux
Once ArcGIS Excalibur has been downloaded, install the software on the machine where Portal for ArcGIS is installed.
- Log in to your machine as a user with administrative privileges.
- Browse to the downloaded installation file and extract the archive file.
- Run the setup command ./Excalibur-Setup.sh.
- Repeat the steps, installing ArcGIS Excalibur on all machines running the ArcGIS Excalibur component
Once ArcGIS Excalibur has been successfully installed, it must be authorized before you can use it. An authorization file can be obtained from your administrator or from Esri Customer Service.
Assign members an ArcGIS Excalibur license
After successful installation and authorization of ArcGIS Excalibur, as an administrator or member with licensing privileges, you must grant ArcGIS Excalibur licenses to members before they can access the application. Members must have a Creator or GIS Professional user type with the appropriate roles before an ArcGIS Excalibur license can be assigned to them.
- Sign into your organization's portal page as an administrator or a member with licensing privileges.
- At the top of the site, click Organization and click the Licenses tab.
- Ensure the Add-on licenses option is selected and click the Applications section to expand the applications list.
- Click the Assign button next to ArcGIS Excalibur.
- If desired, use the filters to sort the members based on user type or role.
- Click the Assign button in each member's row to assign an ArcGIS Excalibur license to a single member or click the Assign on this page link in the upper right corner to assign an ArcGIS Excalibur license to all members in the list.
To notify members by email that you have assigned a license to them, check Email members about newly assigned licenses.
Use ArcGIS Excalibur
After ArcGIS Excalibur has been installed and authorized, and licenses have been assigned to members, it's ready for use. From the portal App Launcher, the ArcGIS Excalibur application will be available for any user licensed for the application. You can click directly on the Excalibur icon to launch the application.
In addition, you can also navigate directly to ArcGIS Excalibur by typing the URL to ArcGIS Excalibur, for example, https://host.domain.com/webadaptor/apps/excalibur (where host, domain, and web adaptor are replaced by the information about your portal).
Search for imagery or video in ArcGIS Excalibur and discover its other capabilities.
Uninstall ArcGIS Excalibur
To uninstall ArcGIS Excalibur, complete the following steps:
- In the Windows Control Panel, click Programs and Features.
- In the Programs list, click ArcGIS Excalibur.
- Click Uninstall/Change and follow the steps in the uninstall wizard.