Esri U.S. Consumer Spending data is based on the latest Consumer Expenditure Surveys (CEX) from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Data is reported by product or service and includes total expenditures, average spending per household, and a Spending Potential Index (SPI). Current-year and five-year consumer spending forecast data is available.
The Esri U.S. Consumer Spending database includes details about the products and services that consumers are buying. Consumer Spending data identifies hundreds of items in the following categories:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Dining Out
- Food at Home - Bakery Products
- Food at Home - Dairy/Fruit/Vegs
- Food at Home - Meat/Poultry/Fish/Eggs
- Food at Home - Nonalcoholic Bev
- Food at Home - Snacks/Other
- Health Care
- Household Goods
- Household Services
- Life Insurance/Pensions
- Miscellaneous Expenses
- Personal Care
- Total Expenditures
- Transportation - Local
Esri U.S. Consumer Spending data is available for:
- 2022/2027 (in 2020 Census geography).
- 2021/2026 (in 2010 Census geography).
Esri Consumer Spending data is updated annually.
Esri uses the following methodology for Consumer Spending data:
The following sample spending reports are available:
- Automotive Aftermarket Expenditures (PDF)
- Financial Expenditures (PDF)
- House and Home Expenditures (PDF)
- Household Budget Expenditures (PDF)
- Medical Expenditures (PDF)
- Recreation Expenditures (PDF)
- Retail Goods and Services Expenditures (PDF)
- Retail Demand Outlook (PDF)
For more information about reports and the products that contain them, visit ArcGIS Apps.
For information about the number of credits needed to run reports, see Credits by capability.
Esri Consumer Spending data is available in various products including the following:
- ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World—Access ready-to-use maps.
- ArcGIS Business Analyst—View a sample infographic.
- ArcGIS Community Analyst
- ArcGIS for Office
- ArcGIS for Power BI
- ArcGIS GeoEnrichment Service
- ArcGIS Online—Browse maps and layers.
- Buy Esri Reports online.
For information about purchasing Esri Consumer Spending data as a stand-alone dataset, contact email@example.com.