Esri's Major Shopping Centers and Malls data is provided by the Directory of Major Malls® (DMM). The DMM database contains major shopping centers and malls which are approximately 200,000 or more square feet in size and classified as lifestyle/specialty/mixed-use centers of any size. More than just malls, the DMM database covers the full spectrum of retail project types, offering you access to the most comprehensive data on major shopping centers that includes:
- open-air community centers/strip
- power centers,
- value-retail/outlet/off-price centers
- hybrid and mixed-use/lifestyle/specialty centers
- enclosed malls
Data variables include information such as center name, location, retail GLA (square footage), center classification, ownership, leasing, management and marketing contacts, physical features, and total number of stores.
Major Shopping Centers and Malls data
You can use major shopping centers and malls data to do the following:
- Search major shopping centers and malls for similar stores and merchandise.
- Consider locating your store near major shopping centers or malls.
- Promote your community to shopping center or mall developers.
- Analyze the types of centers in a market area.
- Pinpoint the competition and find appropriate co-tenants.
- Track which retailers are opening or closing stores - evaluate tenant mix.
Major shopping centers and malls is a point-level data set.
The following methodology is used for major shopping center and mall data:
The following sample reports for major shopping centers and malls are available:
For more information about reports and the products that contain them, visit Esri's Apps for Everyone.
For information on how many credits are needed to run reports, see Credits by capability.
- DMM Major Shopping Centers and Malls (with Full tenant lists and extended variables) (PDF)
- Business Analyst variable list for Major Shopping Centers and Malls (PDF)
How to get it
Major Shopping Center and Mall data is available in various products including:
For information about purchasing Esri Demographics data as stand-alone datasets, contact email@example.com.