Esri's U.S. Market Potential data provides details about the products and services consumers want and the civic attitudes they have. The database is based on survey data from MRI-Simmons and provides the expected number of consumers and a Market Potential Index (MPI) for thousands of items in the following categories:
Automobiles and Automotive Products
Household Goods and Services
Baby Products, Toys and Games
Food and Beverage
Esri uses the following methodology for Market Potential data:
The following sample Market Potential reports are available:
- Electronics and Internet Marketing Potential (PDF)
- Finances Market Potential (PDF)
- Health and Beauty Market Potential (PDF)
- Pets and Products Market Potential (PDF)
- Restaurant Market Potential (PDF)
- Retail Market Potential (PDF)
- Sports and Leisure Market Potential (PDF)
For more information about reports and the products that contain them, visit ArcGIS Apps.
For information about the number of credits needed to run reports, see Credits by capability.
Esri's Market Potential data is available in various products including the following:
- ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World—Access ready-to-use maps.
- ArcGIS Business Analyst—View a sample infographic.
- ArcGIS Community Analyst
- ArcGIS for Office
- ArcGIS for Power BI
- ArcGIS GeoEnrichment Service
- ArcGIS Online—Browse maps and layers.
For information about purchasing Esri's Market Potential data as a stand-alone dataset, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn how to use and interpret Market Potential data with the How to use and interpret Esri's US Market Potential data Learn ArcGIS lesson.