You can use Drone2Map to share your data as a web map. A web map is an interactive display of geographic information you can use to tell stories and answer questions. Web maps are composed of web layers. In Drone2Map, you can author your web map with your 2D drone products. Web maps shared from Drone2Map are shared from your sharing portal.
To share a web map, you need an account that is part of an ArcGIS organization or an Enterprise portal and have privileges to create content. If your map contains feature layers or raster layers, new web layers are published when you share your map as a web map. In this case, your account must also have privileges to publish web layers.
Share your items
You have the following options for sharing your items, depending on your sharing privileges:
- Your organization—Sharing with your organization means only members of your organization have access to your item.
- Groups to which you belong—If you are a member of a group, you can share your item with that group. Sharing with specific groups restricts access to a smaller, more focused set of people.
- Everyone—Sharing with everyone makes your item public; anybody who has access to the portal website or ArcGIS Online, including anonymous users, can find and use your item, and group owners can include it in their group content.
- Everyone, your organization, and groups to which you belong—You can share your item with a larger audience (for example, everyone and your organization) and also share it with a specific group. This allows you to categorize your item as especially relevant to a particular group while still making it available to others in your organization.
This process creates and stores a tile package or multiple tile packages in your account. If sharing to an ArcGIS Online organizational account, service credits apply.
Share a web map
- Open a Drone2Map project.
- On the Share tab, in the Share As group, click Web Map .
- Check the layers you want to include in your web map.
See the Layer types section below to determine what type of layer is created and added to your web map.
- Click the Show Sharing Properties button to set properties for each selected layer. See the respective sharing topics for details on the available properties for each layer type.
- Click the Show Sharing Details button to go back and give your web map a Title.
- Optionally choose a Folder to share your web map, provide a Description and update the Tags.
- Check the appropriate groups for sharing your items.
- Click OK.
The following Drone2Map layers can be included in your web map:
- Digital Surface Model (DSM)
- Digital Terrain Model (DTM)
- DSM Hillshade
- DTM Hillshade
Web map layer
- Flight Data
- Map Notes
Web map layers retain their symbology when embedded in the web map.