Tiles published to ArcGIS Online or your ArcGIS Enterprise portal support fast visualization of large datasets using a collection of predrawn tiles. Hosted tiles provide geographic context for your operational layers.
Share your items
You have several options for sharing your items, depending on your sharing privileges:
- Your organization—Sharing with your organization means only members of your organization have access to your item.
- Groups to which you belong—If you are a member of a group, you can share your item with that group. Sharing with specific groups restricts access to a smaller, more focused set of people.
- Everyone—Sharing with everyone makes your item public; anyone who has access to the portal website or ArcGIS Online, including anonymous users, can find and use it, and group owners can include it in their group content.
- Everyone, your organization, and groups to which you belong—You can share your item with a larger audience (for example, everyone and your organization) and also share it with a specific group. This allows you to categorize your item as especially relevant to a particular group while still making it available to others in your organization.
This process creates and stores a tile package in your account. If sharing to an ArcGIS Online organizational account, service credits apply.
Publish your tile layer
To publish your layers as a tile service, complete the following steps:
- On the Share tab, in the Share As group, click Tile Layer .
- Check the layers that you want to publish as a tile layer. You can share the following layer types:
- Digital Surface Model
- Digital Terrain Model
- Vegetation and Soil Indices
- Click the Show Sharing Properties button . Here you can set the zoom levels for each of your selected tile layers.
- Click the Show Sharing Details button to go back and give your tile layers a Title.
- Optionally, for Folder, choose a folder to share your tile layers; provide a description in the Description field; and update the tags in the Tags field.
- Check the appropriate groups for sharing your items.
- Click Share.