You can share elevation layers from Drone2Map to your active portal as hosted elevation layers. Hosted elevation layers can supplement the default Terrain3D elevation layers used in Scene Viewer with higher-resolution elevation data for your area of interest.
Share your items
You have several options for sharing your items, depending on your sharing privileges:
- Your organization—Sharing with your organization means only members of your organization have access to your item.
- Groups to which you belong—If you are a member of a group, you can share your item with that group. Sharing with specific groups restricts access to a smaller, more focused set of people.
- Everyone—Sharing with everyone makes your item public; anybody who has access to the portal website or ArcGIS Online, including anonymous users, can find and use it, and group owners can include it in their group content.
- Everyone, your organization, and groups to which you belong—You can share your item with a larger audience (for example, everyone and your organization) and also share it with a specific group. This allows you to categorize your item as especially relevant to a particular group while still making it available to others in your organization.
This process creates and stores a tile package in your account. If you're sharing to an ArcGIS Online organizational account, service credits apply.
Publish your elevation layer
To publish your layers as an elevation service, complete the following steps:
- On the Share tab, in the Share As group, click Elevation Layer .
- Check the layers that you want to publish as a tile layer. You can share the following layer types:
- Digital Surface Model
- Digital Terrain Model
- Click the Show Sharing Properties button . Here you can set the zoom levels for each of your selected tile layers.
- Click the Show Sharing Details button to go back and give your elevation layers a Title.
- Optionally choose a Folder to share your elevation layers, provide a Description, and update the Tags.
- Check the appropriate groups for sharing your items.
- Click Share.