The Rapid template is designed to quickly create True Orthos, orthomosaics, digital surface models, and digital terrain models to verify the coverage and quality of your imagery collection. Follow the steps below to process a sample rapid project.
Download sample data
Sample data for the 2D Rapid template can be found on the sample data page. For the 2D Rapid template, a collection of images over an asphalt plant in Alabama is available. To download the sample data, complete the following steps:
- Go to the sample data page.
- In the Rapid table, click Download.
- Extract Sample_Asphalt.zip to a convenient location on your computer.
Create a project
To create a sample rapid project, complete the following steps:
- Start Drone2Map.
- Sign in using your ArcGIS Online organization or Portal for ArcGIS credentials.
- Provide a name for your project and choose a location where you'll save it or accept the default.
- Click Add Images or Add Folder and browse to the location of the sample images folder, select the folder or images within the folder, and click OK.
- Select the Rapid template and click Create to create the project.
- On the Flight Data tab, click the Images Table button to view image information about the imagery collection.
- Go back to the Home tab, Click Options and review the checked options. By default, on the Adjust Images tab, the Tie Point Options Intial Image Scale is set to 1/4 (Quarter image size) for reduced processing time. When you select a 2D Products template, the parameters will be similar, except Refine Adjustment will be checked to automatically adjust the image scale for higher-quality products. Click OK to accept the default settings.
- Click Start to begin processing.
View the results
When processing is complete, the reduced-resolution True Ortho or orthomosaic is added to your map display and Contents pane.
To view the images, pan and zoom around the asphalt plant to view the imagery and digital elevation model products.
The Rapid template produces a lower-resolution product to optimize processing time. For higher-resolution projects, select the 2D Products template or manually adjust the settings in Options.