The minimum and recommended requirements for running Drone2Map for ArcGIS are described below.
Multi-band TIFF (RGB / Infrared / thermal)
1 layer (no pyramid, no multi-page)
8, 10, 12, 14, 16 bit integer, floating point
Imagery over 55mp are not supported.
Drone2Map requires GPS data for the location of the camera for each photo. For JPG images, this is usually stored in the EXIF header of each image file and is read automatically by Drone2Map. For TIFF files, the GPS data is often stored in a summary text file, with (x,y,z) position typically reported for each image in GCS coordinates (lat long decimal degrees) for (x,y) and height in meters for (z). The height for (z) may be either orthometric (height above sea level) or height above launch point. Drone2Map checks the EXIF header for GPS information during project setup. If none is found, the user must input a GPS text or CSV file.
Note:If your height values are height above launch (ground), unless your project is near sea level, your image positions may seem to be underground and not visible in the map view. In this case, you will need to inform Drone2Map at the time of reading in the GPS file by selecting "No Conversion" for vertical reference. Or as an alternative, you can proceed with setup and then adjust the Z values using the Adjust image altitudes option so Drone2Map can add the ground elevation.
- Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate, Enterprise, Professional, and Home Premium (64 bit)
- NET Framework 4.5 installation required if not previously installed
- Windows 8.1 Basic, Pro, and Enterprise (64 bit)
- Windows 10 Home, Pro, and Enterprise (64 bit)
- Windows 7, 8, 10 64 bit
- Any CPU (Intel i5/i7/Xeon recommended)
- Any GPU that is compatible with OpenGL 3.2 (integrated graphic card Intel HD 4000 or above)
- Small projects (less than 100 images at 14 MP): 4 GB RAM, 10 GB HDD free space
- Medium projects (between 100 and 500 images at 14 MP): 8 GB RAM, 20 GB HDD free space
- Large projects (between 500 and 2000 images at 14 MP): 16 GB RAM, 40 GB HDD free space
- Very large projects (more than 2000 images at 14 MP): 16 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD free space
- Windows 7, 8, 10 64 bit
- CPU: quad core or hexa core Intel i7/Xeon
- GeForce GPU compatible with OpenGL 3.2 and 2 GB RAM
- Hard disk: SSD
- Small projects (less than 100 images at 14 MP): 8 GB RAM, 15 GB SSD free space
- Medium projects (between 100 and 500 images at 14 MP): 16 GB RAM, 30 GB SSD free space
- Large projects (between 500 and 2000 images at 14 MP): 32 GB RAM, 60 GB SSD free space
- Very large projects (more than 2000 images at 14 MP): 32 GB RAM, 120 GB SSD free space