The Rapid template is designed to quickly create orthomosaics, digital surface models, and digital terrain models to verify the coverage and quality of your imagery collection. Follow the steps below to process a sample rapid project.
Download sample data
Sample data for the Rapid template can be found on the sample data page. For the Rapid template, a collection of images over an asphalt plant in Alabama is available. To download the sample data, complete the following steps:
- Go to the sample data page.
- In the Rapid table, click download.
- Extract Sample_Asphalt.zip to a convenient location on your computer.
Create a project
To create a sample rapid project, complete the following steps:
- Start Drone2Map.
- Sign in using your ArcGIS Online organization or Portal for ArcGIS credentials.
- Select the Rapid template and click Create.
- Provide a name for your project, choose a location to save it, and choose the location of the sample images folder extracted in the previous section. Click OK.
- Click Image Properties to view image information and click OK to accept the defaults.
- Click Processing Options and inspect the checked options. By default, the keypoints image scale is set to rapid for reduced processing time. Notice Dense and 3D Products are unchecked with this template. Click 2D Products and notice the default reduced resolution for faster processing time. Click OK to accept the default settings.
- Click Start to begin processing.
View the results
When processing is complete, the orthomosaic is added to your map display; and the orthomosaic, DSM hillshade, and DTM hillshade layers are added to your table of contents in the 2D products group.
View the images by panning and zooming around the asphalt plant and checking your 2D products on and off to view the orthomosaic, DSM hillshade, and DTM hillshade layers.