To use Drone2Map, you need an ArcGIS Online subscription or ArcGIS Enterprise portal. Either type of account can be used for licensing Drone2Map and sharing your content from Drone2Map. You can use the same account for licensing and sharing, or you can connect to multiple portals and use one account for licensing and another account for sharing. Connections can be added, activated, removed, and edited from the Portals page. Additionally, you can switch your active portal from the Sign In menu in the upper right corner of Drone2Map. Use the table below to determine what portal type and version is required for licensing and sharing.
Portal type and functionality
|Portal type and version||Licensing||Sharing|
Portal for ArcGIS 10.4.1
Portal for ArcGIS 10.5
Portal for ArcGIS 10.5.1
Portal for ArcGIS 10.6
Portal for ArcGIS 10.6.1
Portal for ArcGIS 10.7
Portal for ArcGIS 10.7.1
Add a portal connection
To connect to additional portals to add and share content, complete the following steps:
- Access the Portals page in one of the following ways:
- From the start page, click About Drone2Map, and then click the Portals tab.
- From an open project, on the ribbon, click the Project tab. Then, click the Portals tab.
- From an open project, click your username in the top right corner to access the Sign In menu and click Manage Portals.
- Click Add Portal.
- Enter the URL for the portal on the Add Portal dialog box and click OK.
- ArcGIS Enterprise—https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/webadaptorname
- ArcGIS Online—https://www.arcgis.com
- ArcGIS Online organization—https://yourorg.maps.arcgis.com
- Optionally, sign in to the portal. Right-click the URL and click Sign in. Enter your user name and password.
- To make the new connection your active portal, right-click the URL and click Set As Active Portal.
Set as an active sharing portal
By default, your licensing portal is your active sharing portal. Your sharing portal connection is your online workspace. You can access content from your active sharing portal by clicking Add Data on the Home tab of the ribbon. Layers shared from Drone2Map will be shared to your active sharing portal. You can switch between portals by changing which sharing portal is set to active.
There are two ways to make a sharing portal connection active:
- From the Portals page:
- From an open project, on the ribbon, click the Project tab. Alternatively, from the start page, click About Drone2Map.
- Click the Portals tab.
- Right-click the desired URL from the portal connection list and click Set As Active Portal.
- From the Sign In menu:
- From an open project, click your username in the top right corner.
- On the Sign In menu, click Switch Active Portal. Select the desired URL from the drop-down .
While you may be signed in to multiple portals, you can only have one active sharing portal.
Remove and edit sharing portal connections
To remove a portal connection, click the X next to the URL in the portals list.