ArcGIS Drone2Map may be configured for named user licensing or single use licensing.
By default, Drone2Map uses a license type called Named User. With a Named User license, you sign in to Drone2Map with credentials. These credentials—a user name and password—are provided through your membership in an ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise organization. You must meet the following conditions to use Drone2Map with a Named User license:
You must be a member (a named user) of an ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise organization.
In the ArcGIS organization, you must have a user type that is compatible with a Drone2Map license. The Creator and GIS Professional user types are compatible with Drone2Map.
If necessary, you must be assigned a Drone2Map license by the organization administrator.
In a single use licensing configuration, a single machine is authorized with a Drone2Map license and may only be used on the machine on which the license has been applied.
For more information on authorizing single use licenses, see Authorize single use licenses.
About Named User Drone2Map licenses
Named User licenses are configured through ArcGIS Online or your ArcGIS Enterprise portal. For information on configuring licenses for your organization's ArcGIS Enterprise portal, see Configure ArcGIS Drone2Map licenses in the ArcGIS Enterprise help. An organization administrator assigns licenses to individual users. If an administrator has not assigned a license to a user, Drone2Map does not run when that user attempts to sign in. The advantage of Named User licensing is that the license is available to the user at all times.
You can only provision Drone2Map licenses to portal members with a Creator or GIS Professional user type, and the portal member must have at least a Publisher role in the organization. For more information about levels and roles, see User types, roles, and privileges.
Configure Named User licenses
As an administrator of an organization in ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise that is provisioned for Drone2Map, you can specify which members can run Drone2Map and the software licenses available to them. You can manage licenses for individual members or make bulk assignment updates. You assign a member one license.
When the member to whom you have assigned a license starts Drone2Map and signs in, the application runs. However, if you have not specified licensing for a particular member, Drone2Map does not run when that member attempts to sign in. You can reassign licenses as often as you need, and the resulting changes take effect promptly in Drone2Map. If you completely revoke the license while the member is working in Drone2Map, Drone2Map displays notifications that the software is not authorized and starts the process of closing automatically.
In Drone2Map, a member can check out a license to authorize Drone2Map for use in a disconnected environment. When a license is checked out, you cannot make any changes or revoke the license. If you select multiple members and at least one member is running Drone2Map in disconnected mode, you cannot configure licenses for any of the selected members.
For example, assume a member is signed in and has Drone2Map actively running but has left the office and now needs to use Drone2Map in the field. Terminating a session allows the member to sign in and start Drone2Map. In addition, if Drone2Map closed in an unexpected manner, you can terminate the session to quickly free the license.
To configure Drone2Map licenses, complete the following workflow. You can use this workflow to assign or unassign licenses for one or more members at a time.
- Go to your ArcGIS Online organization or ArcGIS Enterprise portal.
- Verify that you are signed in as an administrator of your organization or a member with licensing privileges and that your organization is provisioned for Drone2Map.
- Click Organization at the top of the site and click the Licenses tab.
- On the Add-on Licenses tab, scroll to the Applications section to find Drone2Map. Click Manage.
- In the window that appears, find the member or members whose license you want to manage. To search the list of organization members, type the member's first or last name in the search box. To filter the list of members, click the filter options for user type, role, or group.
- Use the toggle button next to each member to assign or unassign a license.
If you can't assign the license to a particular member because it's not compatible with their user type, you can update user types on the Members tab.
- Click Close to return to the licenses page.
Considerations for managing Named User licenses
- Only administrators of organizations that are provisioned for ArcGIS Drone2Map or additional products can use this functionality. A custom administrator role must include the Manage licenses for members privilege.
- It is possible for your organization to exceed the number of licenses available, resulting in a negative number available. This can happen if you assign licenses to your members but are later entitled to fewer licenses, such as if you make changes to your maintenance agreement or you are using trial licenses. Upon the expiration of any license in your organization, you must revoke the expired license so that your organization's members are only assigned valid licenses. Until you correct the license assignments, no one in the organization will be able to sign in to authorize Drone2Map.