The inspection template is designed to quickly inspect objects of interest. Follow the steps below to create a sample inspection project.
Download sample data
Sample data for the inspection template can be found on the sample data page. For the inspection template, a collection of aerial imagery of Oatlands Historic House & Gardens courtesy of Oatlands, Inc., is available. To download the sample data, complete the following steps:
- Go to the sample data page.
- In the Inspection table, click download.
- Extract Oatlands_Oblique.zip to a convenient location on your computer.
Create a project
To create a sample inspection project, complete the following steps:
- Start Drone2Map.
- Sign in using your ArcGIS Online organization or Portal for ArcGIS credentials.
- Select the Inspection template and click Create.
- Provide a name for your project, choose a location to save it, and choose the location of the sample images folder. Click OK.
- Click Processing Options. Notice the inspection template only runs the initial processing step. The Dense, 2D Products, and 3D Products steps are not options with the inspection template, and no products are generated. Click OK to accept the default settings.
- Click Start to begin processing.
Inspect the results
When processing is complete, the inspection viewer opens in your map display and the Images and Flight Path layers are added to your table of contents.
Inspect the Oatlands images by highlighting images in the image carousel or selecting an image center on the map. Zoom in and out with the zoom icons or scroll wheel on your mouse. Pan around the image by clicking and dragging in the image window. Click the Home button to zoom to the full extent of the image.