The 2D Rapid template is designed to quickly create orthomosaics, digital surface models, and digital terrain models to verify the coverage and quality of your imagery collection. Follow the steps below to process a sample rapid project.
Download sample data
Sample data for the 2D Rapid template can be found on the sample data page. For the 2D Rapid template, a collection of images over an asphalt plant in Alabama is available. To download the sample data, complete the following steps:
- Go to the sample data page.
- In the 2D Rapid table, click Download.
- Extract Sample_Asphalt.zip to a convenient location on your computer.
Create a project
To create a sample rapid project, complete the following steps:
- Start Drone2Map.
- Sign in using your ArcGIS Online organization or Portal for ArcGIS credentials.
- Select the 2D Rapid template and click Next.
- Provide a name for your project and choose a location to save it or accept the default.
- Click Add Images or Add Folder and browse to the location of the sample images folder, select the folder or images within the folder and click OK.
- Click Create to create the project.
- On the Flight Data tab, click the Images Table button to view image information about the imagery collection.
- Go back to the Home tab, Click Options and review the checked options. By default, on the Initial tab, the keypoints image scale is set to rapid for reduced processing time. Notice Dense and 3D Products are not checked with this template. Click 2D Products and notice the resolution for the orthomosaic is set to 4 x GSD for faster processing time. When you select a 2D Full template, the default resolution is 1 x GSD . Click OK to accept the default settings.
- Click Start to begin processing.
View the results
When processing is complete, the reduced-resolution orthomosaic, digital surface model and digital terrain model are added to your map display and Contents pane.
To view the images, pan and zoom around the asphalt plant to view the imagery and digital elevation model products.
The Rapid template produces a lower-resolution product to optimize processing time. For higher-resolution projects, select the 2D Full template or manually adjust the settings in Options.