You can create 360 VR experiences directly from existing web scenes. The creation process transforms a scene into a 360 VR Experience and publishes it to ArcGIS Online. Each Scene Viewer slide is converted to a viewpoint in the 360 VR Experience.
From a web scene, you can create a 360 VR Experience either in Scene Viewer or from the ArcGIS 360 VR web app.
- Only 360 VR viewpoints are currently supported; scenarios are not supported.
- Web-based creation of 360 VR experiences is currently not supported on mobile devices.
Create 360 VR Experience from Scene Viewer
Do the following to create experience from Scene Viewer:
- Verify you are signed in to your account and open Scene Viewer.
- Open the scene to use when creating the 360 VR Experience.
- On the Designer toolbar, click Create app .
- Click 360 VR Experience to open the Create 360 VR Experience page.
Create a 360 VR Experience from the web app
Do the following to create experience from the web app:
- Verify you are signed in to your account.
- Open the 360 VR Experience gallery.
- Click New 360 VR Experience to open the Create 360 VR Experience page.
- Select the scene to use when creating the 360 VR Experience.
You can preview the scenes and the slides before you create a 360 VR Experience.
- Click Next to open the Create 360 VR Experience page.
Publish 360 VR Experience
After the Create 360 VR Experience page opens, do the following to create and publish the 360 VR Experience to ArcGIS Online:
- Provide a name in the text box for the 360 VR Experience.
- Click Publish to create and publish the experience.
The publishing process of the 360 VR Experience starts:
Note:Creating the 360 VR Experience is a resource-intense process and may take several minutes, depending on scene complexity and number of slides. Do not close the browser tab or change to another tab to ensure the publishing process is not interrupted.
360 VR Experience in ArcGIS Online
After the 360 VR Experience is published to ArcGIS Online, you have the following options for the 360 VR Experience:
|Open in ArcGIS 360 VR|
Open in the ArcGIS 360 VR web app.
|View in My Experience|
View in the ArcGIS 360 VR gallery.
|View item on ArcGIS Online|
View the item on ArcGIS Online.
The following images show two slides of a Berlin scene as viewpoints in the created 360 VR Experience:
360 VR Experiences created from scenes do not automatically update. If you change the originating scene or its slides, you must recreate the 360 VR Experience following the above steps.