- hard—Use the face normals. This is equivalent to softenNormals(0).
- conform—Same as hard. Computes consistent normals using the connectivity and a heuristic that favors the world's up direction.
- soft—For each vertex, use the average of the adjacent face normals. This is equivalent to softenNormals(180).
- auto—Same as soft. Edges where face normals meet at an angle greater than or equal to 30 degrees are shaded as hard edges. This is equivalent to softenNormals(30).
- The soft and auto modes require disconnected shapes to be combined and duplicate vertices to be merged in order to compute vertex normals using adjacent face normals.
- The conform mode is not successful is every case.
If the conform mode is not successful consider the following options:
- Combine disconnected shapes belonging to a single building.
- Merged vertices and remove duplicate faces using cleanupGeometry(faces, 0.1) operation.
- In case of discontinuous textures not all duplicate faces are removed. Consider deleteUV operation.
The setNormals operation sets the normals of the current shapes' geometry to the desired mode.