CityEngine Python reference includes information on Python such as the Python scripting interface and parameters and attributes. The Python scripting interface greatly enhances the possibilities of CityEngine. Many tasks can be automated using specific Python commands. It is recommended to use Commands by category and Command reference as quick references to view Python commands.
Further Python reference pages are listed below:
- Python scripting interface—Use the CityEngine Python Console and Editor.
- Parameters and attributes—Details on getting and setting parameters and attributes.
- Settings classes—Import and export data using settings classes.
- Script-based export—Run custom commands during model export.
- Special scripts—Automate tasks with special scripts such as during start up.
- Notes and changelog—View scripting interface notes and the Python changelog.
To view the offline Python reference, click Help > Offline Python Reference in the CityEngine main menu.
Python Bindings for the Procedural Runtime (PyPRT)
Independent of the Python interface to CityEngine documentation, there is also a Python interface to the PRT API of the CityEngine SDK called PyPRT. It allows for generating 3d models based on rule packages (RPKs) in your own Python application.