Graph networks can automatically create shapes, such as lots or street shapes.
To enable or disable shape creation, use the Create Shape parameter at the block, street, or node parameters in the inspector. By default, shape creation is enabled.
Shape creation parameters
You can manage lots and street shapes (Lot, Segment, Node, Sidewalk, Block) in the Inspector.
- Blocks create lots from block default start rules (Lot, LotCorner, LotInner); see Block parameters.
- Segments create street shapes; see Segment parameters and Sidewalk parameters.
- Nodes create intersection shapes; see Node parameters.
- Shapes generated by nodes and segments from default start rules, such as Street, Sidewalk, or Roundabout, are specified by their shape types; see Street and intersection shapes.
Additionally, the Street tool can be used to edit street widths or setup curve handles.
For each loop in the graph network, a block is automatically created; see Graphs for details.
Object attribute inheritance
- Lots inherit the attributes of the block.
- Street shapes inherit the attributes of the segment.
- Intersection shapes inherit the attributes of the node.
- New object attributes will always be added to the node or segment.
UV coordinates are generated for each shape. They can be used for UV Splits and texturing. For details of the UV coordinates; see Street and intersection shape UV.