- Prior to installation, review the ArcGIS License Manager system requirements information located in the License Manager system requirements
- Administrative privileges are required for installing ArcGIS License Manager.
How to install the ArcGIS License Manager
To install the License Manager, do the following:
- Log in as a user with administrative privileges.
- Close all applications on your computer.
- Next, to install the ArcGIS License Manager, see ArcGIS License Manager installation and startup.
- The ArcGIS License Manager provides you with the ability to choose where you want to install the License Manager. Using ArcGIS License Manager 2022.0 as an example, the Windows default installation location is C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\LicenseManager. On UNIX and Linux, the default installation location is $HOME/arcgis/licensemanager.
Once you have completed the License Manager installation, you can use the ArcGIS License Server Administrator to authorize licenses for the License Manager.
- Click Authorization in the table of contents.
- Under Version, click CE 2012-2022 from the drop down.
- Click the Authorize Now button to launch the Software Authorization Wizard.
- Follow the instructions on the dialog box to complete the authorization process.
- Click Finish to close the wizard and return to License Server Administrator.
Concurrent Use license
To use CityEngine 2022.0 with the "Concurrent Use" license type, you must have ArcGIS License Manager 2022.0 installed and authorized with a CityEngine 2019-2022 "Concurrent Use" license.
You can upgrade an older ArcGIS License Manager in-place, that was previously authorized with CityEngine 2021 "Concurrent Use" licenses, to ArcGIS License Manager 2022.0. The old ArcGIS License Manager immediately supports CityEngine 2022.0.
In some cases on slow networks, CityEngine Concurrent Use products may experience problems when trying to obtain a license from the License Manager. Please refer to the following Esri Support Technical Article https://support.esri.com/technical-article/000013086 for more information.
Once you have completed the License Manager installation, you can supply the License Manager information to those users installing CityEngine. They can browse to this network License Manager when prompted for the License Manager machine after their CityEngine installation.
For more information about using or troubleshooting the License Manager, see the License Manager Reference Guide, lmrefguide.htm, available in the Documentation folder of the CityEngine media kit. After installing the License Manager, this guide is also available from Start > Programs > ArcGIS > License Manager > License Manager Reference Guide or in the installation folder at C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\LicenseManager\Documentation\lmrefguide.htm. On UNIX and Linux machines, the License Manager Reference Guide can be accessed from $HOME/arcgis/licensemanager/documentation/lmrefguide.htm. Also, for information on new installations, or installations over versions earlier than ArcGIS License Manager 2022.0, see ArcGIS License Manager installation and startup.
The ArcGIS License Manager setup package is designed to detect and upgrade an existing installation of the ArcGIS 10.1 (including SP1) License Manager or later releases on the target system.
Obtaining software authorization numbers
Your account's primary maintenance contact can obtain authorization numbers from the My Esri site. After signing in with your Esri Account, click My Organizations > Licensing > Authorizations. Locate the ArcGIS CityEngine product with the 2019.0-2022.0 license type in the list. You can also search for ArcGIS CityEngine in the Quick Search box. The authorization numbers are then listed by date under Authorizations. For those outside the United States, contact your local distributor for information about your authorization numbers.
Your Esri office or distributor provides support of CityEngine 2022.0 . For your Esri office or distributor's contact information, visit https://support.esri.com/en/phoneSupport.