Run Reports allows you create infographics and reports for your sites.
For infographics, you can view samples and descriptions and filter the infographic list by type. You can run an infographic for a site individually, or together for multiple sites.
For classic reports, you can view samples and descriptions, filter the report list by type and choose the report format—PDF, Excel, or both. You can run reports individually, run your favorite reports, or run multiple reports with one click. Optionally create an all-in-one PDF report and share the reports with others.
- Click the Reports tab and click Run Reports.
- Click Add Sites.
The Add Sites dialog box will open. The Recent tab will be open by default, listing sites you recently used. You can switch to the Currently on map tab to view the sites currently loaded on the map. Click the From projects tab to add other sites from your current project, your other projects, or projects shared with you by other users. Click Search to search for sites containing a search term.
- Check the check box for the sites for which you want to run reports and/or infographics.
- Check the Site name check box to automatically select all sites in the current tab (not available on the From projects tab).
- Use shift + click to select multiple sites.
You can select the type of infographic reports that you want to view.
- Click Infographics.
You can select the infographics that you want to view for the selected sites.
- The My infographics section lists your infographic templates. Move the pointer over an infographic in this section for additional options to edit, share, or delete it.
- The Shared infographics section lists infographics shared with you by other users. Move the pointer over an infographic in this section for the option to save it.
- The Standard infographics section lists ready-to-use infographic templates.
- Click Filter to filter the infographic list by type.
Once you select from the list, only the infographics of that type will appear. Click Search to search for infographics by name.
- Check the check box to add an infographic to the Selected infographics table on the right. The infographic is added to the Selected infographics table for the selected sites. Continue this process until you have selected all the infographics that you want to run.
The sample column provides a sample view of the infographic. Click Sample infographic to view.
The description column provides a brief description of the infographic. Move the pointer over More information to view.
The yellow star indicates a favorite infographic. Click Add to favorites to select favorite infographics. When selected, the star will turn yellow. To remove the infographic from your favorites, click the yellow star to remove the yellow fill.
To save a shared infographic to your account, move the pointer over it and click Save .
To remove the infographic from Selected infographics, click Remove in the delete column.
For any of the selected infographics, you can click Run side-by-side for all to view a side by side comparison of up to ten selected sites. All the rings, drive times and walk times for each of the sites is included in this comparison.
To see the most up-to-date list of shared infographics at any time, click Refresh to refresh the infographic list.
- By default, In app is selected in the In app/Export toggle button. To view an infographic for a chosen site, click Run now in the Selected infographics table.
The infographic will be opened in the infographic viewer.
In the above example, the Demographic Profile infographic is opened for the site 633 Webber St, which has 1, 3, 5 mile rings around the location.
- To view a different infographic for this site, expand the Demographic Summary drop-down list on the top left and choose it.
- To view the infographic for a different site, click Edit next to the site name to open the Select site dialog box.
- Click Edit on the top right to open this infographic template and edit it.
- Click Share to share this infographic with others in the organization.
- Click Export to export this infographic as PDF, Image, Dynamic HTML, or Excel. In the Export Infographic dialog box, choose the format in the Export as drop-down menu. You can check the check boxes to enable any of the export options available for the selected format:
- Add header and edit title, Add data source, Add footer, with PDF and Image formats.
- Add interactive experience, with Dynamic HTML format. This enables exploration of the variables in interactive panels in the infographic.
- Export maps as static images, with Dynamic HTML format. A static map image is exported instead of the dynamic map. This option can be used to export secured or private maps, but significantly increases the export time.
- Include map image in the Excel file, with Excel format. This includes a map image in the exported Excel.
- Include interactive panels in export, with Excel format. This includes all the data from the interactive panels in the infographic, in the exported Excel.
Business and Facilities Search results, such as locations data from Data Axle or SafeGraph, will not be included when exporting the infographic as Excel.
- Click Print to print this infographic.
- Click Close to close the infographic viewer
The smallest ring is initially selected. To view the infographic for one of the larger rings, expand the 1 mile drop-down menu and choose it. You can also:
- Enable the Side by side comparison toggle, to view a side by side comparison infographic for all the rings
- Click Add sites to compare to open the Select Site dialog box and add more sites to the side by side comparison.
- Click Compare with geographies to view a side by side comparison of the site with the geographies within which the site address is located: for sites in the USA, that is the ZIP Code, County, State, and USA. For polygon and geography sites, the centroid of the site is used to determine the associated geographies.
- Click More options for any site or ring for the following options:
- Click Make benchmark to make it a benchmark.
- Click Remove area from comparison to remove the selected infographic from the side by side comparison.
- To export infographics in PDF and/or HTML format, choose Export in the In app/Export toggle button. You can use the format drop-down menu to choose between PDF, HTML, or Both for each selected infographic. The default is PDF, which you can change in Preferences.
Click Export to run an infographic. To run all the selected infographics (up to a maximum of 100), click Export All. In this mode, infographics are not opened in the app. For a PDF, you can click Open report to open it. An infographic run in HTML format is downloaded, and you can open the dynamic HTML file from the location on your machine. If you clicked Export All, all the infographics will be downloaded to your machine as a Zip file.
Run classic reports
You can choose the type of reports that you want to view.
- Click Classic reports.
You can choose the reports that you want to view for the selected sites.
- The My reports section lists your custom reports. Move the pointer over a report in this section for additional options to edit, share, or delete it.
- The Shared reports section lists reports shared with you by other users. Move the pointer over a report in this section for the option to save it
- The Esri reports section lists ready-to-use reports.
- Click Filter to filter the report list by type.
Once you choose from the list, only the reports of that type will appear. You can also Click Search to search for reports by name.
- Check the accompanying check box to add a report to the Selected reports table on the right, where you can use the drop-down menu to choose the format of the report from PDF, Excel or both. Continue this process until you have selected all the reports that you want to run.
The sample column provides a sample view of the report. Click Sample infographic to view.
The description column provides a brief description of the report. Move the pointer over More information to view.
The yellow star indicates a favorite report. Click Add to favorites to choose favorite reports. When selected, the star will turn yellow. To remove the report from your favorites, click the yellow star to remove the yellow fill.
To save a shared report to your account, move the pointer over it and click Save .
To remove the report from Selected reports, click Remove in the delete column.
To see the most up-to-date list of shared reports at any time, click Refresh to refresh the report list.
- You can enter a subtitle for the report.
- Click Run all to run all the selected reports in the Selected reports table. If the Create an all-in-one PDF report check box is checked, an all-in-one PDF report will also be created. The check box default setting can be made in Preferences. The all-in-one PDF report is created only when the check box is checked and Run all is clicked.
The all-in-one PDF report will also be available in My Content > My Reports > Ordered Reports. If you've shared on ArcGIS Online, your reports can also be found in ArcGIS Online > My Content > BAO > My Reports > All In One Reports.A few things to remember when running reports:
- All-in-one PDF reports are only created for PDFs. If you create a report with both Excel and PDF reports, the Excel files will not be included.
- Using map reports when creating all-in-one PDF reports results in large PDF reports that take more time to run and download.
- If the Create an all-in-one PDF report check box is checked but disabled, then the report size limit has been exceeded. There is a limit of 10 map reports and a total report limit of 60 for an all-in-one PDF. To run an all-in-one PDF report, you will need to delete some reports so that neither limit is exceeded.
- When you click Run All, an all-in-one PDF report is created with the selected reports. If you don't want a report included in the all-in-one PDF report, click Remove selected in the delete column to remove it prior to clicking Run All.
- There is no limit to the number of reports you can run, except when the all-in-one PDF option is selected, as noted above. Up to 6 reports can be processed simultaneously. If there are more than 6 reports when you click Run All, the first 6 will initially start processing, with the rest queued in Pending status. When a processing report becomes ready, its status changes to Open report (which you can click to open the report), and the next report that was pending starts processing.
- All-in-one PDF reports can’t exceed the 50 MB limit for sharing on ArcGIS Online.
The Share Reports dialog box will be displayed when the all-in-one PDF report is requested. Here you can specify recipients to share the all-in-one PDF report.
- By default, Private is selected, which allows access only to you and those users with whom you have shared the current project.
- Selecting Public will allow access to the public, including those who are not members of ArcGIS Online. You must select this option if you want non ArcGIS Online users to access the all-in-one PDF report link. You also have the option to download the all-in-one PDF report and email it manually to share with any non- ArcGIS Online user, without making it publicly accessible in general.
- You can also select Share with groups and allow access to all users in your organization (by checking the Entire Organization check box) and/or any number of groups (by checking the desired groups by their check boxes).
- To not see this dialog box again, check the Save my choice and don't show this dialog again check box (you can change this setting under Preferences).
By default, the PDF and Excel files for all the reports run are downloaded as a single zip archive. You can disable this setting under Preferences.
You will still be able to open any individual report by clicking Open report and download it manually.
When the reports are ready, the PDF Reports Created dialog box is displayed.
- Click on any individual report name, to open that report.
- Click on the All-in-one Report link, to open the all-in-one PDF report.
- To copy a report link to the clipboard, click Copy link .
- To copy all links to the clipboard, click Copy All Links.
- You can run reports individually.
To run each report individually, click Run now. When the report is ready, the Run now text is replaced with Open Report. Click Open Report to view.
To quickly run your favorite reports, click Run Favorites. Those reports will be add to Selected reports, and run immediately. Click Open Report to view.