You must have a membership in your ArcGIS organization in the form of a Creator or GIS Professional user type, which are the only user types that can be assigned a ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App license. To access most functionalities in ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App, you will need to view, create, and share content, for which you will need an Administrator, Publisher, or User role. The Publisher or Administrator role is required to be able to create new projects - in the User role, many functionalities in the app will be accessible to you only if others in your organization have shared project(s) with you. Your administrator defines the different privileges and permissions which can be a User, Publisher, Administrator, or a custom role. See roles for your organization or contact your administrator. A role defines the privileges that a member has within an organization.
You will need a Publisher or Administrator role to fully use ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App, as it uses a Projects-based structure to help manage and organize your data more efficiently. All your content must be stored in a Project, and to create a new Project you must have a Publisher or Administrator role. If you currently have a User role, we recommend that you request that your Administrator grant you a Publisher role.
With a User role, you will only be able to proceed to use the application by accessing a Shared Project—in other words, a project shared with you by other users. See Projects shared with you.
Different Roles have different levels of access to functionality in ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App:
- Users with a Viewer, Editor or Field Worker user type will not be able to access ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App. To be assigned a ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App license, they will first need to be assigned a Creator or GIS Professional user type.
- Users with an ArcGIS public account will not be able to access ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App.
- Users with User role are not able to create new projects and are only able to use the features and functionality in ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App by accessing Projects shared with them by other users, and there are still some limitations. It is recommended to request a Publisher role from the Administrator to fully use the application.
- The Publisher can fully use ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App. The easiest way to enable users that currently have a User role to fully use the application is to grant them a Publisher role.
- The Administrator role can fully use ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App.
- Custom roles—these must be defined by the Administrator of the Organization. To use ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App, a Custom role must have access to certain premium features, which are needed to use the complete functionality and features of ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App:
In ArcGIS Online, Administrators may set up custom roles with any combination of privileges. To have a full access of ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App using a custom role, all the privileges shown below must be included in that custom role.
To enable non-administrator users in your organization to collaborate on a shared project, you must grant them a custom role that includes the Update privilege, without which they will not be able to add or modify items in the shared project.
Sign in to ArcGIS Online. To assign and manage ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App licenses for members, click Organization at the top of the page, and click the Licenses tab.
To assign and manage licenses for members in your organization, you must be signed in as an administrator of your organization with licensing privileges. If you do not have an administrator role, you must request an Administrator in your Organization to assign or modify your license for ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App.
Scroll down to Applications. You can see how many total licenses are available for ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App and how many of those have already been assigned. To assign licenses to additional members of your organization, click Assign.
To assign a ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App license to a member, click Assign next to the member's name. You can Search Members by name, or apply one of the available Filters on the left to the list of members. If you want members to receive notification about their new assigned license, set the Email members about newly assigned license toggle. When done, click Close.
To unassign licenses, click Unassign on the previous screen. All the options available for Assign will be available, except for the Email members about newly assigned license toggle.