An ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App license requires a Creator or GIS Professional user type in your ArcGIS organization. The following users will not be able to access ArcGIS Business Analyst web app:
- Users with a Viewer, Editor, or Field Worker user type.
- Users with an ArcGIS public account.
A role defines the privileges that a member has within an ArcGIS organization. To view, create, and share content, you will need to be assigned an Administrator or Publisher role. Your administrator configures the different privileges and permissions for User, Publisher, Administrator, and custom roles. Different roles have different levels of access to functionality in ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App:
- To be able to create new projects, an Administrator or Publisher role is required.
- In the User role, you will not be able to create new projects. Many functions in the app will be accessible to you only if others in your organization have shared projects with you and there will still be other limitations. If you currently have a User role, we recommend that you request your Administrator to grant you a Publisher role. Users with an ArcGIS public account will not be able to access ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App.
- All features and capabilities of the app are available with the Publisher and Administrator roles. The easiest way to enable users that currently have a User role is to grant them a Publisher role.
In ArcGIS Online, Administrators may set up custom roles with any combination of privileges.
For access to all features and functionality of the ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App, a custom role must have the following premium features enabled:
- Groups—Create, update, and delete, Join organizational groups
- Content—Create, update, and delete, Publish hosted feature layers, View content shared with organization
- Sharing—Share with groups, Share with organization, Make groups visible to organization
- Premium Content—Geocoding, Network Analysis, GeoEnrichment, Demographics
To enable non-Administrator users in your organization to collaborate on a shared project, you must grant them a custom role that includes the Administrative privileges > Content > Update privilege. That will enable them to add or modify items in the shared project.
Sign in to ArcGIS Online. To assign and manage ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App licenses for members, click Organization at the top of the page, and click the Licenses tab.
To assign and manage licenses for members in your organization, you must be signed in as an Administrator of your organization with licensing privileges. If you do not have an Administrator role, you must request an Administrator in your Organization to assign or modify your license for the ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App.
Scroll down to Applications. You can see how many total licenses are available for ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App and how many of those have already been assigned. To assign licenses to additional members of your organization, click Manage.
To assign an ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App license to a member, set the toggle next to the member's name. You can Search Members by name, or apply one of the available Filters on the left to the list of members. If you want members to receive notification about their new assigned license, click Email member in the Email member? dialog, otherwise click Do not email member. To revoke a member's license, disable the toggle next to the member's name. When done, click the close icon.