Draw Polygon allows you to draw a polygon for your area of interest. You can draw polygons with custom geographic shapes or draw them by hand.
Before you begin drawing the polygon, zoom in to an area for a more accurate polygon drawing.
- To access Draw Polygon, click Maps, Define Areas, and Draw Polygon.
The Draw Polygon dialog box opens on the left.
- Click Polygon or Freehand.
- You can draw a polygon
- or draw freehand.
Draw a polygon using custom polygon
- Click Polygon.
- Place the pointer on the map and click the location of the first point to start drawing.
- Move the pointer to the next point and click.
- Continue clicking at each corner of the shape until you have created the polygon.
Three points are required to create a polygon.
While drawing, Clear Last becomes active. Click Clear Last to clear the last point of the polygon.
- Double-click the first point to stop drawing.
Draw a polygon using freehand
- Click Freehand.
- Place the pointer on the map and use it to draw the polygon.
Edit the polygon
Once you have drawn a polygon, you can make edits.
- In the Draw Polygon dialog box, click Edit.
- The points of the polygon become active, which allows you to make edits. Click and drag the points to edit the polygon.
- When the edits are complete, click Stop Edit or double-click.
Once you have created a polygon, you can change the colors for fill and border.
To change the fill color, click the Fill thumbnail and a color selection palette appears. Click the color you want for the fill.
To change the border color, click the Border color picker and a color selection palette appears. Click the color you want for the border.