Sign in to Business Analyst mobile app using your ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise credentials. If you choose the ArcGIS Enterprise option, enter the ArcGIS Enterprise portal URL, and tap OK to proceed to the Sign in screen to enter your ArcGIS Enterprise portal credentials.
The screen captures were taken using an iOS device and will be very similar when using the mobile app on an Android device.
You can create a site with rings, drive times and walk times, run reports and change the map view. Sites and reports, created in Business Analyst mobile app and Business Analyst web app are available in both applications. When you sign in to the mobile app:
- If you have allowed Business Analyst mobile app to access your location via your device, the map will be zoomed to your current location, as indicated by the blue dot on the map.
For full use of the functionality in Business Analyst mobile app, it is recommended that you allow the app access to your location.
- The project and layer you last used in Business Analyst web app will be loaded on the mobile app. You may switch to a different project and/or layer from the Project Panel. For more information, see Projects below. The look of the app may be different if the administrator for your organization has customized the app theme.
- Tap to see map options.
- Basemaps—select a different basemap to apply on the map. You can perform a search or sort the list order by name or most recently modified.
Map Contents—view the contents on the map. There are two tabs:
- The Map Layers tab has a list of the layers on the map. You can perform a search on the content.
- The Legend tab has information of the symbology of the layers and other relevant information.
To learn more, see Menu Options > ArcGIS below
- Choose your location in one of the following ways:
- Place a pin on the map. Tap and hold anywhere on the map to place a pin.
- Enter an address. Tap and type an address.
- Use your current location. Tap the current location icon towards the top right.
- Tap Create Site.
- Tap Apply to save your site.
- Polygon and standard geography sites created in Business Analyst web app can be viewed in Business Analyst mobile app but not edited.
Once the site is saved, the menu, Facts, and Details options are displayed.
Provides information about your current site on the map. For the US, these are basic demographic and consumer spending facts, whereas for all other countries or areas, it is key demographic facts. Sites can be created using Create Site or opened from Projects.
This feature uses same credits as Infographic Views which is 10 credits per 1000 views.
You can tap to share these Facts, by email or apps on your device, and to view data source information.
For multi-ring sites, facts about the inner ring are shown by default. To view facts for a different ring, tap and select the desired ring.
Tap to quickly access several options for the current site.
- Reports—run reports and infographics for the site
- Compare Site—compare the site with a geography or another site
- Take Photo—add a photo for the site
- Edit Site—edit the site. Tap on the site name to edit it. You can change the type of buffer—for example, from rings to drive times. Tap on any of the ring sizes to edit and tap to add a ring.
- Delete Site—delete the site
Tap to close this menu.
Shows details and photos for the location, and allows you to edit or add to the same. The DETAILS section has attributes for site characteristics (Building Area, Site Area, Frontage, and Parking) which can be customized in the web app. Tap to add one or more photos for the site. Swipe the display photo to view any additional photos for the site, or tap to navigate a gallery view of the photos. Under the NOTES section you can add additional information about the site. You can also:
- Tap Reports to run reports and infographics for the site
- Tap More for Edit and Delete site options.
- Tap Compare to compare the site with associated geographies and other sites
- Tap Facts for information about this site.
You may need to scroll your screen to view the NOTES and ATTACHMENTS sections.
In the gallery view of photos, you may tap on a photo to open the full view. You can tap Select and then select one or more photos, and then tap the delete button in the top right to delete the selected photos. Tap Done to exit the Select mode.
Panoramic and 360 degree photos are indicated by icons. You can't take a panoramic or 360 degree photo for your site using the app, but you can add these types of photos that are on your device or add them through the web app. For example, the following two images are a panoramic photo and a 360 degree photo, as indicated by the icons in the top left. You can swipe left and right when viewing these types of photos to pan them and see the full visual range of the image.
If validation rules are set for any of the project attributes in the web app, they will be applied in the Mobile app. In the following example, the minimum and maximum values for Building Area (sq.ft.) are 5000 and 30000 respectively, whereas the Parking attribute only has a minimum valid value of 100.
The text attribute Historically significant was specified as having only two valid preset values. You may tap on it and choose from those present values.
Scroll your screen up to view the ATTACHMENTS section. An attachment is a document, image or video with additional relevant information about the site—for example, a PDF floorplan of a building at the site location, or a video walkthrough of the building.Tap on any attachment in the list to view it. To add a new attachment, tap Add Attachment. You will be able to browse the content on your mobile device and select a file to add as an attachment.
- When you tap on a video attachment to view, it will open a third party app on your device to play the video.
- If you add an image as an attachment, it will be added to the photo gallery for the site.
- You can't delete an attachment from the Business Analyst Mobile app. To do so, you must use the Business Analyst web app.
- An attachment can't be added by providing a URL—you must use the From URL option in the Business Analyst web app. An attachment added in that way from the web app can be viewed in the Business Analyst Mobile app.
Run classic reports and infographics for the site, from the respective tabs on this screen.
On the Classic Reports tab, tap one of the options to view the list of reports available.
- Favorites—are the reports you marked as favorite in the Business Analyst web app.
- My reports—are your custom reports.
- Esri reports—are the reports that come with your subscription.
- Shared reports—are the reports shared with you by others in your organization.
- Previously Run Reports—are the reports you have run previously for this site.
The list of reports and infographics you see will depend on your role. The administrator of your organization can customize the list of reports and infographics available for your role. The following screen capture shows Esri reports.
- Tap next to a report name, to view a sample of the report (only available for Esri reports). You can use Filter to filter the list by a category.
Filter is only available for the Esri reports option.
- Tap the report name to run the report for the site. Classic reports run from the web app are accessible under the current Project.
- Reports can be viewed in full screen mode.
- Reports can be shared via email.
- Reports run can be accessed later in the Previously Run Reports section. See Projects.
Generating a report uses 10 credits. Viewing a report sample does not use any credits.
Tap to view credit usage information.
On the Infographics tab, tap one of the options to view the infographics available.
- Favorite infographics—are the infographics you set as favorites in Business Analyst web app.
- My infographics—are your custom infographics.
- Esri infographics—are the infographics that come with your subscription.
- Shared infographics—are the infographics shared with you by others in your organization.
The following screen capture shows Esri infographics. Tap an infographic name to run it for the site. Tapping Marketing Profile runs and opens that infographic for the site. Scroll down to view more of the infographic. Tap to see additional viewing options to choose the ring size used (for multi-ring sites) and width.
When the Infographic has a map panel, use the lock icon on the map to enable and disable panning and zoom in/out of the map.
Compare the site with a geography or another site. In the default view, ring, drive time, and walk time sites are compared with the entire country or area. Tap to compare with a different geographic boundary in which the site is contained or with another site in any of your projects, or projects shared with you by other users.
- The arrows indicate whether the site has a higher or lower value for the variable compared to the geography or site— for example, in the following image under POPULATION, the indicates that the ZIP Code has a higher value than the site, whereas for % Children (under 15) the indicates that the ZIP Code has a lower value compared to the site.
- Tap Spending Facts to switch to a comparison of spending variables.
Tap to open the list panel, which contains the options described below.
Returns the app to the map view.
Projects enables you to manage your work more effectively and is aligned with the way your business works. To learn how to create a project in Business Analyst web app and add layers to it, see Projects. In Business Analyst mobile app, you cannot create a project or add layers to an existing project – you may do so in the web app and access the same in the mobile app.
CURRENT PROJECT shows the active project, which is the project most recently used. To access your content in a different project, tap the current project to open your list of projects, and select the desired project.
On the Choose Project screen, the current project is indicated by . Tap the search icon to search for projects by keyword. Use Sort By to sort the list of projects by Name or Date. My Projects shows your projects. You can switch to the Shared with Me tab to view and choose from projects that others have shared with you.
If you did not previously create any projects in your account, one will be created for you when you sign in to the mobile app, and will be used as the current project.
Under Content, you can view and access the sites and reports associated with active layers— that is, most recently used layers within the active project. Tap on a section to view the content within it. For sections containing sites, you can:
- Swipe left on a site in the list to view available actions:
- More—edit or delete the site.
- Zoom To—zooms to the site on the map.
- Details—details for the site.
- Select—select and delete multiple sites at once.
- Tap on a different layer within the section to view the sites contained within that layer.
- Tap to search for sites by name.
- Use Filtered by to only see recently created sites by choosing one of the available filters.
The Suitability Analysis section is available only if the current project contains at least one suitability analysis layer.
You can't perform Suitability Analysis in the Business Analyst mobile app. Only suitability analysis layers, created in the Business Analyst web app, will be accessible in the Business Analyst mobile app.
Tap and navigate to Projects > Suitability Analysis. Tap on any available suitability analysis layer to open it. The sites in the layer will be loaded on the map. Tap on any site to zoom into it.
Tap to view site options.
All the site options available for other sites in the project are also available for suitability analysis layer sites, with two differences:
- Edit Site option is not available.
- Show Table option is available, which opens the Suitability Analysis Results table. By default, only the Final Score, Site Area columns are site attribute value columns are included in the table.Tap on a variable to view and select other associated columns to include in the table.
Use features from ArcGIS Online to access web maps created and shared by others with your ArcGIS Online subscription.
- —enter a search term to search for maps and layers.
- Current Web Map—the web map currently open on your map, or None, if you have not added a web map or layer.
- Favorites—lists maps and layers you set as favorites in ArcGIS Online.
- Recent—lists recent web maps added to the map.
- My Maps—your ArcGIS Online content.
- Groups—content from your groups and public groups in ArcGIS Online.
- Living Atlas—content from Living Atlas in ArcGIS Online.
- My Organization—content from the ArcGIS Online organizations to which you belong. Tap on an organization name to view maps and layers shared by others in that organization and add them to the map.
If you add a web map using any of the options above—for example, NWS RFC decision support service tool, that option will be indicated under Current Web Map. You can use the toggle to turn it on and off on the map.
To view a list of content currently on the map, tap in the top right corner and then tap Map Contents.
The Map Layers tab is displayed with a list of all layers currently on the map, including the layers of the web map you added. Tap to filter layers by a search term.
Tap Legend to view the map legend.
Set defaults for:
- Area—Select Ring, Driving Area or Walking Area as the default area for sites.
- When Driving Area is selected as the default area type, set default Drive Time Options for mode, direction, and traffic. Also see More options for drive time.
- Location radii/times—enter up to 3 values, for example, 1, 3, 5 miles when Ring is the default area, or 5, 10, 15 minute when the default is Driving Area or Walking Area.
- Transparency—the transparency level of site color fillings on the map.
- Showing site label—toggle on to see the current site name label on the map.
- Show current location—set the toggle off to disable the current location indicator (blue dot) on the map.
- Basemap—select a different basemap to set as the default. You can perform a search or sort the list order by name or most recently modified.
- View account name information and the ability to Sign Out.
- View App Version, Build, and Licensing information.
- Access Help
- Feedback: Send your feedback via email