Available with Business Analyst license.
Business Analyst Enterprise requires two ArcGIS Server machines.
- A complete base deployment with all software components is required, see installation overview for details.
- A dedicated ArcGIS Server machine is needed to install GeoEnrichment Server. This machine must meet the following guidelines:
- ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Web Adaptor installations. The server must be federated to your Enterprise portal.
- The GeoEnrichment server setup requires Linux.
- The GeoEnrichment server setup cannot be installed on the same machine as the ArcGIS Data Store.
- The GeoEnrichment server cannot be designated as the hosting server.
Download the setup
- On the My Esri site, click My Organizations then click Downloads.
- Verify that you are in the Products section. In the Quick Search text box, enter Business Analyst or Business.
- Look for ArcGIS Business Analyst Enterprise with 2022 U.S. Data and ensure the version is 11.0. Click View Downloads.
- Click the Download Components tab then click Product Components to expand the list of files.
- There will be a setup for ArcGIS GeoEnrichment Server. Click Download.
The Esri Download Manager dialog is launched.
- Click Click to download your file now.
- The Destination Folder for Files dialog will appear. Keep the default location or click Browse to choose a different location.
Run the setup
The instructions below describe how to install ArcGIS Server from the setup user interface. For instructions on installing ArcGIS Server silently from the command line. See Install ArcGIS Server silently.
- The setup program begins by checking the prerequisites that must be met to successfully set up and use GeoEnrichment Server. If all the prerequisites are met, the Introduction dialog box displays. Click Next to proceed.
The License Agreement dialog box is displayed.
- Read the license agreement. If you accept the terms, choose the I accept the license agreement button and click Next.
The Choose Install Folder dialog box is displayed.
- Specify an installation location.
Note:The name of the installation directory should be lowercase.
- Click Install to start the installation.
- Once GeoEnrichment Server has been successfully installed, click Finish to close the GeoEnrichment Server install application.
GeoEnrichment environment configuration utility
After installing the GeoEnrichment Server software, an environment configuration utility is provided to perform several administrative tasks. These tasks include preparing the database and services, creating and sharing items in the portal, optimizing ArcGIS Server memory settings, and registering GeoEnrichment as a utility service in the portal.
- Start the GeoEnrichment Environment Configuration Utility.
- In the welcome page for the GeoEnrichment Server configuration wizard, click Next.
- Enter the credentials for the portal administrator user and click Next.
- Specify a folder where you would like the GeoEnrichment data to be stored. Click Next.
- Select Yes to register the GeoEnrichment service as a portal utility service. Click Configure.
Choosing to register the GeoEnrichment service as a portal GeoEnrichment utility service will make the service the default selection for GeoEnrichment processes executed on the portal.
- Once the configuration is completed, click Next.
- The GeoEnrichment Server environment is successfully configured. Click Finish.
Install GeoEnrichment Server silently
GeoEnrichment Server can be installed silently using command line parameters as described below.
- Open a command shell as the user who will run GeoEnrichment Server. Browse to the directory where you downloaded the GeoEnrichment Server tar.gz file from My Esri.
- Run the setup silently at the prompt. Sample syntax: <CD_ROOT or untar directory>/Setup -m silent -l yes
The parameters of the command line tool are as follows:
-m; --mode MODE
Optional. Defaults to GUI.
MODE is one of silent or GUI.
Installer runs in verbose mode.
Display this help and exits.
Displays usage examples of these options and exits.
-l; --license-agreement CHOICE
Required for silent mode. CHOICE is either Yes or No. Yes indicates that you have read and agreed to the Esri Master Agreement (E204, E300).
Visit: https://www.esri.com/legal/licensing-translations to read the agreement.
-d; --directory DIRECTORY
Optional. By default, GeoEnrichment Server is installed to your $HOME directory. DIRECTORY specifies a different installation directory.
The path /arcgis/geoenrichment/ will be appended to the installation directory.
Configure GeoEnrichment Server silently
The instructions below describe how to configure GeoEnrichment Server silently from the command line.
- Open a command shell and browse to the directory where ArcGIS Server install is located.
- Run the setup silently at the prompt. Sample syntax:
<ArcGIS Server Installation Directory>/tools/geoenrichment/manageEnvironment.sh create -b -u <user name> -p <password>
The parameters of the command line tool are as follows:
Run environment upgrade (only in upgrading state)
Show environment configuration information
Run in non-interactive (batch) mode
-d; --directory <directory>
By default, the GeoEnrichment Data Store will be installed in the user's <ArcGIS GeoEnrichment Installation Directory>/data. The DIRECTORY specifies a different installation directory.
Show command line syntax help
Log File directory
Do not register GeoEnrichment as a portal utility service
-p; --password <password>
Portal administrator password
-u; --username <username>
Portal administrator username
Automatically answer yes for all prompts