Available with Business Analyst license.
An annual update of the U.S. data is available with Business Analyst Enterprise and can be downloaded from My Esri. The U.S. 2022 was made available in August and can be downloaded now. This topic will instruct you on how to download, extract, and deploy the updated data to the system.
Downloading the data from My Esri
The following steps will guide you on downloading data for ArcGIS Business Analyst Enterprise.
- On the My Esri site, click My Organizations and click Downloads.
- Ensure you are in the Products section. Under the All Other Products heading, enter Business Analyst or Business in the Quick Search text box.
- Locate ArcGIS Business Analyst Enterprise with 2022 U.S. Data and click View Downloads.
The 2022 U.S. data page is opened. Ensure the Download Components tab is highlighted.
- Under the Data and Content heading, there are six files listed.
- Download all files.
- The Business Analyst Enterprise 2022 Data for the U.S. is split into two 7-Zip archive files because of the size of the download. 7-Zip will be needed to extract it. Only the first file with the extension of 001 needs to be extracted, 7-Zip will automatically extract the second part of the archive with the 002 extension along with it.
Note:7-Zip is a free software download that can be used on any computer without needing to be registered, if it is not already installed, it can be downloaded from the 7-Zip website.
- The streets data is split into three 7-Zip archive files because of the size of the download. Use 7-Zip to extract the first file with the 001 extension, the files with the 002 and 003 extensions will be automatically assembled along with it.
- The Geocoding data is a single zip folder and can be extracted with 7-Zip or with the built in Windows installer.
- After extracting these files, there should be three folders:
- Streets Data
- Geocoding Data for ArcGIS Pro
Deploying the updated data to Business Analyst Enterprise
- Uninstall the 2021 data using the Remove option in the data management wizard before installing the 2022 data pack. See Removing data packs for a walk-through on using the remove data option.
- Install the 2022 data pack using the data management wizard. See Installing data packs for a walk-through on using the add data option.
- Update the routing services with the updated 2022 streets data.
- Apply the updated data license file for the streets data. The .sdlic file can now be downloaded from My Esri by clicking on My Organizations and then clicking on Licensing and then License Files. There should be a section called License Files related to Business Analyst and ArcGIS StreetMap Premium. See Configuring routing services.
- Delete the existing routing services from ArcGIS Server Manager as the publish routing services utility cannot overwrite them. The entire routing folder can be deleted, and it will delete all of the service within the folder.
- Publish new routing services from the 2022 data following the walk-through in this topic.
- Share the updated 2022 USA address locator in the as a geocoding service:
- Add the 2022 USA address locator to ArcGIS Pro and share as a service. See Sharing the locator as a hosted service.
- Configure it as a utility service in the portal. See Configuring as a utility service.
- The 2021 USA geocode service can be deleted from ArcGIS Server Manager as it's no longer needed.