Warming and Cooling Centers solution delivers a set of capabilities that help you capture warming and cooling centers from the community, approve those centers that meet health and safety requirements and share information about them with the public.
In this topic, you’ll learn how to use the solution by assuming the role of a user and performing the workflows below.
Report warming and cooling centers
The Warming and Cooling Center Reporter app can be used by community organizations to identify warming and cooling centers in public facilities such as libraries, schools, churches, or community centers.
In this workflow you will assume the role of a community member who is reporting a facility to be used as a warming or cooling center.
Add centers to the map
- In a browser, go to the Warming and Cooling Center Reporter app.
- Click Proceed as Guest.
- Click Report a Center in the lower right corner of the app.
- For Location, click on the map or type in a valid address to add a new Center.
- Fill out the remaining information:
type Community First Shelter
enter your name
8:30 - 5:00pm
type Open to all community members. Beds and restroom facilities available
- Click Report It.
Manage warming and cooling centers
Since some of the locations may be temporary, you may need to change operational days or hours. In addition, you may want to inspect newly reported centers before sharing with the public.
You’ll assume the role the health and human services personnel who is in charge of managing warming and cooling centers and their availability in their community.
- In a browser, go to the Warming and Cooling Center Manager app.
- Select the center that was created in the previous step.
- In the Info panel, click the Edit button.
- Scroll down and change Public View to Yes.
- Scroll down and click Save.
By default, all newly submitted records have the Public View status set to No. Changing it to Yes will allow the public to see them in the next app. You also have the ability to edit or change any other information for the record in this app
Locate Warming and Cooling Centers
The Warming and Cooling Center Locator app can be used by the public and engaged organizations to locate warming and cooling. Search for an address or click on the map to locate a center near this location.
Find a service
You’ll assume the role of a person who needs a warming or cooling center.
- In a browser, go to the Warming and Cooling Center Locator.
The Warming and Cooling Center Locator shows all centers in the community.
- In the search for Find Address or Place, type 22 E Chicago Ave, Naperville, IL, 60540, USA.
The results appear that show the closest warming and cooling center.
- Expand either the warming or cooling centers to see specific results.
- Click Directions to show directions to the facility.