The Transit Outreach solution delivers a set of capabilities that help you solicit feedback from riders, manage the transit agency's response, share information about upcoming service changes, and allow the public to provide feedback on proposed changes.
In this topic, you’ll learn how to use the solution by assuming the role of a user and performing the workflows below.
View service changes
You’ll assume the role of a transit rider. You use the same transit routes on your daily commute. You will use the Transit Service Change app to learn about upcoming changes to service and how it may impact your commute.
- In a browser, go to the Transit Service Change app.
- Click a route in the list or on the map.
- Review the details about when the service change is effective, how it will impact riders, and why the change is being made.
The Transit Service Change app can also be used by riders to comment on proposed changes.
- Click the Add a comment button.
- Provide your name, address, and comments.
- Click Submit.
Manage service changes
You’ll assume the role of a transit mapping technician who manages service change communication. You will use the Transit Data Management project to manage the routes and service change details visible to the public in the Transit Service Change app.
- Start the ArcGIS Pro application and open the Transit Data Management project.
- On the View tab, in the Windows group, click Catalog Pane.
- In the Catalog pane, expand the Tasks folder, and double-click the Transit Data Management task.
- In the Task pane, click the How to Use Transit Data Management task group to expand the collection of tasks.
- Click the Manage transit service changes task and follow the steps provided.
Submit rider feedback
You’ll assume the role of a transit rider. While riding a bus, you noticed a problem and would like to report it to the transit agency. You will use Transit Rider Reporter to submit feedback.
- In a browser, go to the Transit Rider Reporter app.
- For I would like to, click Report a problem as the type of feedback you would like to give the transit agency.
- For Related to, click Bus.
After clicking Bus, two additional questions appear. Depending on the category selected, additional questions appear.
- Click the Route drop-down and choose Hyde Park Express.
- Type 6052 in the Vehicle Number text box.
- In the Details text box, type Bus passed the stop at Adam Street.
- Under When did it occur, choose today’s date and the current time.
- Under Where did it occur, type S State St & E Adams St, Chicago, IL in the Search text box and press Enter.
- In the Contact Information section, click No, for your information only, if you would like to submit feedback anonymously.
- Click Submit.
Manage rider reports
You will now assume the role of a transit agency employee who monitors customer feedback. You will use Transit Rider Reporter Manager to view and manage rider feedback.
- In a browser, go to the Transit Rider Reporter Manager app.
- Click the Type of Report column filter.
- Click the Type of Report is drop-down arrow and choose Problem.
- Click the Category column filter.
- Click the Category is drop-down arrow and choose Bus.
- Click the Occurred On and choose Sort in descending order.
The feedback reported in the previous workflow using Transit Rider Reporter is displayed at the top of the table. Review the details and other sorting options.
- Click the report submitted in the Transit Rider Reporter form and review its details on the Details tab.
The map highlights the feedback point and zooms to its location.
After reviewing the details, you decide to assign the report to customer service.
- Click the Edit button .
- Click the Assigned To drop-down arrow and choose Customer Service.
Optionally, add comments to the rider report by clicking the Comments tab and clicking Add Record.
- Click the Status drop-down arrow and choose In Progress.
- Click Save.
The status progress bar displays In Progress. The map symbol is also updated.
You have received a message from customer service that the rider report has been communicated to the appropriate team and the report can be closed.
- Click the Edit button.
- Click the Status drop-down arrow and choose Completed.
- Click Resolved On and choose a date.
- Optionally, enter details and the resolution of the rider report in the Resolution text box.
- Click Save.
The status progress bar displays Completed. The map symbol is updated and the resolution details are also now displayed.
Monitor rider reports
As rider reports are submitted, resolved, and closed, you are interested in noting trends and the overall feedback received. You will continue your role as a transit agency employee, this time looking to gain insight into the feedback received through the Transit Rider Reporter app. You will use Transit Rider Reporter Dashboard to view feedback and key metrics.
- In a browser, go to the Transit Rider Reporter Dashboard app.
The Transit Rider Reporter Dashboard app opens with the Overview tab active.
The Overview tab displays infographics of categories of reports. This information gives management a quick overview of the number of reports submitted by the public.
- Click the Rider Reports tab.
The Rider Reports tab allows a transit manager to monitor their department's progress with responding to reports. The tab displays the top problem types and categories and summarizes reports by month with details.
Charts are linked, so as you click a category in one chart, related charts and lists are filtered and updated to allow a manager to identify issues and areas that need attention.
- Click the arrow on the left side of the app to display the side panel. You can pin the side panel to the dashboard by clicking the pin in the upper right corner.
The side panel allows you to apply several survey and feedback filters. You can filter by Report Type, Submission Date, Occurrence Date, and Route by clicking the drop-down and choosing a filter.