The Recreation Outreach solution delivers a set of capabilities that help you understand recreation license trends, engage the public about their recreation experiences, and promote recreation opportunities to the public.
In this topic, you’ll learn how to use the solution by assuming the role of a user and performing the workflows below.
Find recreation opportunities
Recreation Outreach contains multiple locator app for the general public to find recreation opportunities and license information. Members of the public can search for an address or click on the corresponding map to find information about parks, trails, water resources, wildlife resources, or recreation license locations.
You are a member of the public and would like to learn what recreation opportunities there are in your area. You will use the location apps in the Recreation Outreach solution to find recreation opportunities.
- In a browser, go to the Outdoor Recreation ArcGIS Hub site, find the recreation activity you would like to discover, and click the Explore button.
- Enter your address in the search box or click on a location directly on the map.
- Optionally, adjust the buffer slider to see a larger list of opportunities / locations.
- Click the Filter button and select characteristics to limit results based on your selected criteria.
- Select the location of interest from the list and review information provided.
- Click on the Directions tab to view driving directions from your defined location.
Review and prepare recreation license data
The Recreation License Management ArcGIS Pro project and Recreation License Management Dashboard can be used by staff to organize, load and review recreation license data. This allows staff to review this information spatially which can provide an enhanced view and understanding of license trends.
You are a data analyst at a conservation agency responsible for analyzing trends in recreation license data. You are asked to use the Recreation License Management ArcGIS Pro project to prepare your data to share in the Recreation License Management dashboard.
- Start ArcGIS Pro and open the Recreation License Management project.
- On the View tab, in the Windows group, click Catalog, and click Catalog Pane.
- In the Catalog pane, expand Tasks, and double-click on the Recreation License Management task.
- In the Tasks pane, click on the Getting Started task group to expand the collection of tasks.
- Click the Understanding Recreation License Management task to review the project.
- Follow the tasks provided in the Prepare License Data task group to format recreation license data.
- Follow the tasks provided in the Calculate License Information task group to summarize and load recreation license data.