The Participatory Budgeting solution delivers a set of capabilities that help you solicit project ideas from the public, triage and monitor these ideas, and incorporate popular ideas in future capital improvement plans.
In this topic, you’ll learn how to use the Participatory Budgeting solution by assuming the role of the user and performing these workflows.
Submit a project idea
You will first assume the role of an engaged resident in the community. You want to learn more about the project ideas submitted by community that are being considered for funding. You also have your own project idea that you would like to submit for consideration by the community.
- In a browser, go to the Participatory Budgeting site.
- Scroll to the Do You Have a Project Idea section and click Submit an Idea button.
- Click Proceed as Guest, or sign in with your ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS HUB Community Account.
- In the Ideas list, browse ideas created by others in the community.
- Click on an idea.
- To like an idea, click the I agree to vote for it or click Leave a reply to make a comment.
- Click the View list of submittions button.
- Click Submit an Idea button to add your own idea.
- In the form, provide details about your idea, contact information, and a location for the idea.
- Click Report It button to submit your idea.
Manage project ideas
You will now assume the role as a member of the participatory budgeting committee. One of your responsibilities is to review ideas submitted by the public and determine if they are viable and what the estimate cost would be.
- In a browser, go to the Participatory Budgeting Manager app.
- Click on an idea in the table or the map.
- In the information panel on the bottom left, click the Edit button.
- Review the category for the idea to ensure it was selected correctly.
- Click the Vetted drop-down and choose Yes.
- Click the Viable drop-down and choose Yes.
- Enter an estimated cost into the Estimated Cost text box.
- Click Save.
Monitor project ideas
As a member of the participatory budgeting committee, another of your responsibilities is to monitor ideas submitted by the public to ensure the program is running smoothly.
- In a browser, go to the Participatory Budgeting Dashboard app.
- On the left panel, using the filter check boxes or zoom/pan within the map to filter the project ideas.
- On the map, click an idea on the map to view its details.