The Mosquito Service Requests solution delivers a set of capabilities that help you solicit mosquito activity reports from the public, triage reports to staff and field crews for resolution and monitor the resolution of reports in a community.
In this topic, you'll learn how to use the Mosquito Service Requests solution by assuming the role of the user and performing these workflows.
Report mosquito activity
You will first assume the role as a member of the community seeking information about mosquito control services. You will use the Mosquito Control site to learn about mosquito abatement services in your community and how you can report mosquito activity and potential breeding sites. Reports you submit using the Mosquito Service Request app will be immediately available to the local Mosquito Control Agency.
- Using a browser, go to the Mosquito Control site.
- Scroll to the Report a Problem section or click the Outreach icon in the What are we doing to help section.
- Click the Submit a Request button to launch the Mosquito Service Request app.
- On the Mosquito Service Request splash page, click Proceed as Guest.
- Click Submit a Report.
- Click the Type of Problem drop-down and choose Mosquito Activity.
- In the Mosquito Reports form, provide issue details, your name, phone number, and email address.
- Click in the map to set the location of the report or type in an address in the Location section of the form.
- To submit your problem, click Report It.
- At the top of the Mosquito Reports form, click the Back button.
- At the top of the list of problems, click your Mosquito Activity problem.
Your mosquito activity report appears. You will be able to monitor changes to the report here as the report moves through its life cycle (Submitted, Received, In Progress, and Completed).
Respond to mosquito reports
Next you will assume the role of an operations manager responsible for handling submitted mosquito activity reports. You will use the Mosquito Service Request Manager app to triage submitted reports and assign reports to responsible field inspectors for resolution.
- In a browser, go to the Mosquito Service Request Manager app.
- In the app, click the Request Type column filter.
- Click the Request Type drop-down arrow and choose Mosquito Activity.
- In the Mosquito Reports table, identify and click the problem you reported.
- Review the details about the problem in the lower left corner of the app.
- Click the Edit button.
- Click the Status drop-down and change the Status to Received.
- Click Save.
Field inspectors are ready to address the problem. You'll change the status to In Progress and assign the report to the specific mosquito abatement district.
- Click the Edit button.
- Click the Status drop-down and choose In Progress.
- Click the Assigned To drop-down and choose Dist-04.
- Click Save.
Update reports in the field
Assume the role of a field inspector responsible for addressing mosquito activity reports submitted by the general public.
In addition to verifying and updating the status of public reports, field inspectors can also record the type of mosquitos found on site, recommend treatments, and record any adulticide or larvicide treatments applied while on site. Status updates provided in the Mosquito Field Operations app will be immediately viewable to the public in the Mosquito Service Request app, and detailed information immediately available to operations managers in the Mosquito Service Request Dashboard app.
- From your mobile device, open the ArcGIS Collector app.
- Sign in to ArcGIS Collector using your ArcGIS Online organization credentials.
- Tap the Mosquito Field Operations map to open it.
- Use the map to locate Mosquito Activity Reports, select one from the map to see details and additional options.
- Tap Edit.
- Scroll down to the Status field and tap it, change the status to Completed.
Complete the rest of the form with information from your field inspection, such as information related to the people contacted at the location, the date, observations about the mosquitos or larvae found onsite, and what type of treatments, if any, were used.
- If applicable, tap Take Photo and document any standing water or water retaining receptacles found during the inspection.
- Once complete, tap Submit (iOS) or the checkmark (Android) to complete your field inspection.
Monitor activity reports
Now in the role of an operations manager, you are responsible for overseeing mosquito abatement activity and reports submitted by the public. You will use the Mosquito Service Request Dashboard to monitor incoming reports submitted by the public. Relevant metrics can be viewed at a glance or examined in more detail if time permits.
- In a browser, open the Mosquito Service Request Dashboard app.
- Review the high-level metrics presented on the screen.
- Use the filters on the left panel to explore active and resolved activity reports, and filter on Request Type by checking the check boxes next to the type.
- Click a report from the Mosquito Report list to view the location.
- Select the location in the map to get detailed report information.