The Invasive Pest Inspections solution delivers a set of capabilities that help you establish invasive pest monitoring sites, conduct invasive pest inspections, and monitor invasive pest programs.
In this topic, you’ll learn how to use the solution by assuming the role of a user and performing the workflows below.
Conduct invasive pest inspections
The Invasive Pest Surveys support capturing information about existing or new monitoring sites and keeping a record of site visits throughout a season. The surveys were designed to capture information required for the Cooperative Agricultural Pest Survey (CAPS) or Farm Bill programs and in a format to easily report details from site visits to the National Agricultural Pest Information System (NAPIS).
Once monitoring sites have been established, an abbreviated version of the Invasive Pest Survey form can be used to streamline the process for field inspectors. Using the inbox in ArcGIS Survey123, inspectors can load their planned visits into the application and then complete the streamlined form for each monitoring site from the field.
- Open ArcGIS Survey123.
- If the Invasive Pest Survey: Site Visit survey has not yet been downloaded, browse to Download Surveys in the main menu.
- Search for the Invasive Pest Survey: Site Visit survey you published and click to download it. Once it's downloaded, return to My Surveys.
- Click the Site Visit survey to open it.
- Select Inbox and if no surveys appear, click Refresh.
- Find your site in the list or click Map to find sites near you. Once you find your site, click it to open the survey.
The form opens with the site information prepopulated.
- Complete the rest of the information in the form.
- Click the check mark to submit the survey.
Monitor invasive pest status
Invasive Pest Status is a configuration of ArcGIS Dashboards that can be used by agriculture program managers to monitor pest inspections.
To review the Invasive Pest Status dashboard, complete the following steps:
- In a browser, go to the Invasive Pest Status dashboard.
- In the filter panel, for Pest Status, select Suspected.
- Click the Inspections tab and review the inspection details.
- Click the Monthly Comparison tab and review the metrics.
View invasive pest impact
The Invasive Pest Viewer is a configuration of ArcGIS Web AppBuilder that can be used by agriculture program managers to identify the impact of a suspected pest infestation on agricultural commodities and human populations.
To review the impact of suspected pest infestation, complete the following steps:
- Sign into your ArcGIS organization.
- Browse to the Invasive Pest Viewer item page and click View Application.
- Use the provided drawing tools to select an area of interest.
- View the results to understand the potential impact of invasive pests for the selected area.
Export surveys for NAPIS reporting
Invasive Pest Reports enables you to export information captured during field inspections for the CAPS or Farm Bill programs into a format that can be used to report monitoring activities to the NAPIS database.
This workflow will guide you through exporting field surveys and transforming the data structure for use in reporting to the NAPIS database.
- Download the Invasive Pest Reports desktop application template and unzip the file.
- Open the InvasivePestReports.aprx file located in the upzipped folder.
- On the View tab, in the Windows group, click Catalog, and click Catalog Pane.
- In the Catalog pane, expand Tasks and double-click the Invasive Pest Monitoring task.
- In the Tasks pane, double-click the Export Surveys for NAPIS Reporting task to begin.
- Follow the instructions in the task to export survey responses to a NAPIS report.