The Homeless Outreach solution delivers a set of capabilities that help you inventory available homeless services, communicate the extent of the homeless challenge to the public, solicit volunteers to help deliver homeless services and share resources with those experiencing homelessness.
In this topic, you’ll learn how to use the solution by assuming the role of a user and performing the workflows below.
Inventory homeless resources
The Health Resource Inventory app can be used by health and human services agencies to inventory homeless, drug treatment, and other service providers in a community. Select a service provider project entered previously and refine the facility details. Locate a new service provider and add relevant facility details that would help community members find an appropriate service provider.
You will assume the role of a member health and human service agencies to inventory homeless, drug treatment, and other service providers in the community. The below will offer guidance to enter in information, however, feel free to enter the information in as you see fit to examine the different dependencies in questions.
Add resources to map
- In a browser, go to the Health Resource Inventory app.
- In the Resource Editor, place your mouse pointer in the Search Templates box and type Homeless.
- Click the map near the downtown area of Naperville to add a new Homeless Service location and enter the following details:
Parameter Value Name of Facility
Type Coalition for the Homeless
Type 22 East Chicago Ave.
Type Health and human services
Type your name
Type your phone number
Type your email address
Select 9:00am - 5:00pm
Women and Children Services
Life and Work Skill Training
Type new facility
- Scroll to the bottom of the attributes to add and click Save.
- Click Clear.
- Remove Homeless from your search.
- Use the same process above to add additional Mental Health or other health resources.
Volunteer to assist with homelessness
You will assume the role of a resident in the community who would like to find information about homelessness in your community and volunteer to assist.
The hosting organization can now compile this information and reach out to volunteers for the appropriate services.
Locate homeless services
Education and connecting people in need with resources is critical in helping those in need. The Homeless Service Locator app can be used by the general public and engaged organizations to locate facilities providing homeless services to individuals or families. Search for an address or click on the map to locate a homeless service provider near this location.
Find a service
You’ll assume the role of general public who wants to better direct loved ones or see where help is available.
- In a browser, go to the Reduce Homelessness site and review the sections.
- Scroll down to the Need Help section.
- Click the Homeless Service Locator link.
The Homeless Service Locator shows all homeless service facilities in the community.
- In the Find Address or place field, type 1432 Briarwood Dr, Naperville 60540. You will be able to choose this address from a list after you start typing.
The results appear that show several different types of services.
- Click the Housing Assistance result.