The Environmental Analysis solution delivers a set of capabilities that help you evaluate proposed development projects and solicit feedback from stakeholders.
In this topic, you’ll learn how to use the solution by assuming the role of a user and performing the workflows below.
Conduct initial environmental assessment
You will start by assuming the role of a project manager responsible for reviewing proposed development project scenarios. You are asked to use the Environmental Screening app to review several proposed development project scenarios.
- In a browser, go to the Environmental Screening app.
- Define an area of interest with one of the provided tools.
- Adjust the Buffer distance.
- Click Report to view results.
- Expand the layer you are interested in to view details.
- Click the Settings gear wheel to adjust the units (optional).
- Click the Download or Print button to export.
Conduct detailed environmental assessment
Now you will assume the role of a project review analyst responsible for reviewing proposed development projects. You are asked to use the Environmental Analysis ArcGIS Pro project to review a proposed development project. Follow the defined tasks to create new analyses, format layouts, and create reports of your findings.
- Download the EnvironmentalAnaylsis desktop application template and unzip the file.
- Navigate to the MapsandGeodatabase folder and open the EnvironmentalAnalysis.ppkx.
- On the View tab, in the Windows group, click Catalog, and click Catalog Pane.
- In the Catalog pane, expand Tasks and double-click the Environmental Analysis Workflows task.
- In the Tasks pane, follow the steps of each task to begin your project review.
The Environmental Analysis ArcGIS Pro project comes pre-loaded with sample data, geoprocessing tools, models, and layout templates for common analyses.
Provide stakeholder feedback
As an engaged resident in a community, you would like to provide your feedback on several proposed development project scenarios. You will use the Environmental Impact Public Comment app to submit comments on each scenario.
- In a browser, go to the Environmental Impact Public Comment app.
- From the list, select the project you would like to provide a comment.
- Review the project details and comments.
- Click the Like button to vote for the project.
- Click the Comment button to leave a comment.