The Election Results solution delivers a set of capabilities that help you organize map-based election results, share results for each elected office or proposal and communicate voter turnout for one, or more, jurisdictions.
In this topic, you’ll learn how to use the solution by assuming the role of a user and performing the workflows below.
Explore Election Results
You are a member of the general public who would like to explore the results of an election in your community.
- In a browser, open the Election Results app.
- Under Elected Offices, explore additional contests by using the selectors on the left.
Both the map and the results graph at the bottom update when the as contests are selected.
- Change the Area of interest from Precinct to Municipality on the left.
Both the map and Elected Offices list update to display contests by municipality rather than precinct. Election Results can be used to display results by any jurisdiction type such as state, county, municipality, or precinct.
- Click on a Municipality on the map to view the top voter getter for the currently selected elected office.
- Select Addison from the Area of interest dropdown.
The map, results graph, and voter turnout metrics update to display results for Addison township only.
- Select the Proposal tab on the bottom.
- Explore the different Proposals with the selectors on the left.
- Explore the proposal results using the Area of interest options, Proposals list, and map.
- Select the Voter Turnout tab on the bottom.
- Explore voter turnout by using the Area of interest options and map.