The Dam Safety solution delivers a set of capabilities that help you routinely inspect dams, manage fieldwork assignments, and monitor inspection programs.
In this topic, you’ll learn how to use the solution by assuming the role of a user and performing the workflows below.
Prepare dam inspections
You will start by assuming the role of a dam safety staff member responsible for coordinating dam safety field operations. You are asked to use the Dam Safety ArcGIS Pro project to setup your organization’s dam safety field operations. Follow the defined tasks to add inspectors, inventory dam information assign dam sites to field workers.
To open the ArcGIS Pro project tasks, complete the following steps:
- Download the DamSafety desktop application template and unzip the file.
- Open the Dam Safety.aprx file in the unzipped folder.
- On the View tab, in the Windows group, click Catalog, and click Catalog Pane.
- In the Catalog pane, expand Tasks and double-click the Dam Safety task.
- In the Tasks pane, click on the How to Use Dam Safety task group to expand the collection of tasks.
- Follow the steps in each task.
Complete a dam inspection
Now you will assume the role of a dam safety inspector responsible for conducting safety inspections of dams. You are asked to use the Dam Inspection Survey to conduct a dam safety inspection.
- Download and install the Survey123 field app.
- Open the Survey123 field app and download and open the Dam Inspection Survey.
- Click Inbox.
- Select a survey from the inbox and complete the survey.
- When the survey is complete, click the Send button to submit it.
Create dam inspection reports
In the previous section, you completed a dam safety inspection. You will now create an inspection report of the dam safety inspection to provide to the dam owner.
- In a browser, go to the Survey123 website.
- Open the Dam Inspection Survey and click the Data tab.
- Select a survey from the Dam Inspection Survey table.
- Click the Feature Report button, enter a report name, and select PDF as the format.
- Click the Generate button to create the inspection report.
To learn more about printing reports in ArcGIS Survey123, see Print survey results.
Monitor dam inspections
Finally, you will assume the role of a dam safety program manager responsible for managing a dam safety program. You are asked to review key metrics to better understand your dam safety program.
- In a browser, go to the Dam Inspection Dashboard.
- In the filter panel, select an option from any of the filters to limit dam inspections to Watershed, Inspector, Inspection Type, or Inspection Date.
- Click any of the bars in the Dam Condition chart to filter by dam condition.
- Select any dam inspection in the Inspections Completed panel to see important inspection details.