The Coronavirus Vaccine Distribution Dashboard solution delivers a set of capabilities that help you to tabulate vaccine distribution metrics, monitor key trends and performance targets for defined geographies, and communicate progress to interested stakeholders.
In this topic, you’ll learn how to use the solution by assuming the role of a user and performing the workflows below.
Tabulate vaccine distribution metrics
The Coronavirus Vaccine Distribution Dashboard solution helps health and human services agencies visualize key vaccine distribution metrics over time. The dashboard displays the most recent reported totals of doses obtained and administered to the public. It also displays the coverage, or percentage of the population that has been vaccinated, broken down by priority populations, age, race, and gender over time.
You will start by assuming the role of an employee in a health and human services agency who has been tasked with reporting the latest vaccine distribution metrics each week.
- In a browser, go to the Vaccine Distribution Reporter app.
- Click the Reporting Area drop-down menu in the upper right and choose the appropriate reporting area.
Reporting areas can be a county, public health region, ZIP Code, state, municipality, or any other geographic area you are using to tabulate results.
- Provide the cumulative total of vaccine doses that have been obtained and administered to the public.
- Provide the total number of people who have received a partial and full series vaccination.
As some vaccines require multiple doses, a partial series vaccination would include people who have, for example, received the first dose of a two-dose series.
- If available, provide the total number of people who have received a full series vaccination by priority populations, gender, age range, and race and ethnicity.
The coverage or percent of the population that has been vaccinated will be calculated for you if you updated the corresponding population field in the Reporting Areas layer. See Configure Coronavirus Vaccine Distribution Dashboard for more information on populating your reporting areas.
- Click Submit.
- Repeat this process for each additional reporting area.
Monitor vaccine distribution performance
Now, you will assume the role of a public health officer or executive in the same government agency. You are asked to monitor the current status of vaccine distribution in the community and are looking to see how the vaccine is being distributed across demographic segments of the population.
- In a browser, go to the Vaccine Distribution Dashboard app.
The dashboard displays the most recent count of doses obtained and administered and partial and full series vaccination coverage for the selected reporting area. It also contains several time series charts that display vaccination coverage over time for different demographic segments.
- In the filter on the top of the dashboard, click another reporting area to view the vaccine distribution metrics for a different geography.
- Click the Learn More tab in the Map panel to read the descriptions of the different metrics, how they are calculated, and to view when the metrics were last updated.
- Click the Priority Population, Age, Race & Ethnicity, and Gender tabs to view full series vaccination coverage over time for each demographic segment.