The Coronavirus Recovery Dashboard solution delivers a set of capabilities that help you tabulate recovery and reopening metrics, monitor key trends and performance targets for defined geographies, and communicate progress to interested stakeholders.
In this topic, you’ll learn how to use the solution by assuming the role of a user and performing the workflows below.
Tabulate recovery metrics
Past case and symptom information can be used to calculate 14-day trends to indicate if the community is seeing a downward or upward trend. New metric information can be added as frequently as you receive updates, and trend lines can be recalculated with the latest information to give an accurate picture of the current state in the community.
You will start by assuming the role of an epidemiologist. You are asked to use the Coronavirus Recovery Data Management project to tabulate coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases each morning.
- Start the ArcGIS Pro application and open the Coronavirus Recovery Data Management project.
- On the View tab, in the Windows group, click Catalog Pane.
- In the Catalog pane, expand the Tasks folder, and double-click the Coronavirus Recovery Data Management task.
- In the Task Pane, click the How to Use Coronavirus Recovery Data Management task group to expand the collection of tasks.
- Open each task and follow the steps provided.
Monitor coronavirus recovery
Now you will assume the role of a public health officer or executive in the same government agency. You are asked to monitor case and symptom trends over the last 14 days and verify that testing and health care facilities are meeting specific requirements.
Before beginning a phased reopening, you want to confirm that there is a downward trend in the number of new positive cases and individuals experiencing flu-like and COVID-19 symptoms. You also want to ensure a minimum percentage of testing sites and health care facilities are meeting minimum requirements defined by the community.
- In a browser, go to the Coronavirus Recovery Dashboard solution.
- The Coronavirus Recovery Dashboard solution opens with trend information for cases and symptoms and metrics for testing and health care facilities.
- Observe whether the number of cases and symptoms is increasing or decreasing over the last 14 days.
- View the testing and health care metrics and validate that each is meeting the specified target.
- In the filter on the top of the dashboard, click another reporting area to view the metrics and trends for that area.