The Conservation Outreach solution delivers a set of capabilities that help you capture and manage wildlife conflicts and engage local communities.
In this topic, you’ll learn how to use the solution by assuming the role of a user and performing the workflows below.
Collect wildlife conflict incidents
You will start by assuming the role of a fieldworker in a protected area collecting wildlife conflict incidents. You are asked to use the Wildlife Conflict Reporter survey to collect wildlife conflict incidents.
- In a browser, open the Wildlife Conflict Reporter.
- Click the Collect button.
- Fill in the following details:
Parameter Value What is the Conflict
Select Crop Damage
Date and time
Enter date and time
Select Severe Damage or injury
Park investigation required
Type Large crop loss. Elephant tracks identified nearby.
Photos Collect or add a photo Full Name
Type your full name
Type your phone number
Type your email
Address or village
Type your address
Enter your signature
- Click Submit and select Send now.
Manage wildlife conflicts
Now you will assume the role of a community outreach staff member. You will review wildlife conflict incidents by completing the following steps:
- In a browser, go to the Wildlife Conflict Manager.
- In the What is the conflict field, click the Filter button and choose Crop Damage.
- In the Park investigation required field, click the Filter button and choose Yes.
- Select a wildlife conflict incident from the table.
- Click the Edit Record button in the lower left panel.
- Click the Status drop-down menu, choose In Progress, and click Save.
Monitor wildlife conflict programs
Now you will assume the role of a protected area manager. You will monitor the status of wildlife conflict incidents within and around a protected area.
- In a browser, go to the Wildlife Conflict Dashboard.
- In the filter panel, do the following:
- Select Severe Damage or Injury for the Assessment of Conflict filter.
- Select Yes for the Park Investigation Required filter.
- Select one of the wildlife conflict incidents from the incidents list and review the details.