The Conservation Easement Monitoring solution delivers a set of capabilities that help you understand current property conditions, inspect conservation easements, monitor conservation easement programs, and engage conservation easement stakeholders.
In this topic, you’ll learn how to use the solution by assuming the role of a user and performing the workflows below.
Conduct conservation easements inspections
You will start by assuming the role of a fieldworker in a state forestry department capturing an inspection of a conservation easement. You are asked to use the Conservation Easement Survey to capture inspection details.
- In a browser, open the Conservation Easement Monitoring map.
- In the Conservation Easement Monitoring map, locate the conservation easement you need to inspect.
- Click a conservation easement to open the pop-up, review the property details of the conservation easement, and then click the Start Inspection link to launch the Conservation Easement Survey.
The property details of the conservation easement are automatically filled in from the Conservation Easement Monitoring map.
- In the Conservation Easement Survey, fill in the following details:
Parameter Value Is the property managed by the current owner
Select Educational/Scientific and Recreational
Describe the current educational/scientific uses
Type Nature field classes for local schools
Describe the current recreational uses
Type Day hiking and birding opportunities
Click the plus button
Select observation point type
Select Natural Alteration
Observation Point Location
Select the natural alterations at this location
Describe the vegetative alterations
Type Recent windstorm caused multiple downed trees and other vegetative damage
Capture observation point photo
Select Collect or add a photo
Did you note any possible violations of the terms of the easement
Specify the possible violations
Type Observed potential undisclosed timber harvesting
Is the landowner following the forest stewardship plan
Describe compliance with the forest stewardship plan recommendations
Type All forest stewardship plan recommendations are being followed
Is the landowner following the forest water quality guidelines
Capture property photo
Select Collect or add a photo
Type your name
Type your address
Type your phone number
Other staff present during inspection
Type names of additional staff present during inspection
Type the inspection duration
Enter your signature
Current Owner or Property Manager Signature
Enter current owner or property manager signature
- Click Submit and select Send now.
Monitor conservation easement programs
Now you will assume the role of a program manager in a state forestry department. You are responsible for monitoring the status of a conservation easement program. You will view the overall status of your conservation easement program and then look more closely at specific locations.
- In a browser, go to the Conservation Easement Dashboard.
- The Conservation Easement Dashboard opens with an overview of the current program status.
The overview displays key metrics. This information gives management a quick overview of the total number of conservation easements, conservation easements that require follow up after inspection, and completed conservation easement inspections.
- In the filter panel, for Follow Up Required, select Yes.
- Under Follow Up Required, click the List tab and select an inspection from the list.
- Review the information in the pop-up to get specific information on why this property needs additional follow-up.
Share inspection results
Finally, you will assume the role of a conservation staff member in a state forestry department. You are responsible for generating an inspection report to send to the conservation easement owner or property manager.
- In a browser, go to the ArcGIS Survey123 website.
- Open the Conservation Easement Survey and click the Data tab.
- Select a conservation easement inspection from the Conservation Easement Survey table.
- Click the Feature Report button, enter a report name, and choose PDF as the format.
- Click the Generate button to create the inspection report.
It is possible to generate conservation easement inspection reports for multiple inspections at the same time. There are two options: select multiple inspections from the Conservation Easement Survey table or select the All records in the table option in the Feature Report pane.
To learn more about printing reports in ArcGIS Survey123, see Print survey results