The Communications Data Management for ArcGIS Enterprise solution provides a preconfigured utility network, maps, styles, step-by-step instructions, common data management workflows, and more. The tasks in the Communications Data Management project guide you through creating your own utility network using the provided schema and data loading options and setting up an enterprise environment. The solution also includes a data dictionary with descriptions of the features in the data model.
In this topic, you will learn how to use the solution to create and manage your communications utility network.
Use the instructions in the Communications Data Management task to get started with the solution.
- Open the Communications Data Management ArcGIS Pro project.
- In the Catalog pane, expand Tasks and double-click the Communications Data Management task item.
- Expand the task groups to view the Communications Data Management tasks.
Tip:Click each group task heading and task to view a description at the bottom of the Tasks pane.
Each task group includes instructional steps for using the Communications Data Management solution. Begin by exploring the contents of the project, tracing and editing workflows with sample data, or configuring the solution for your organization.
Explore the solution
Become familiar with the contents of the Communications Data Management for ArcGIS Enterprise project by exploring the introductory tasks.
- Expand the Explore the Data Management Solution group, select Overview, and click the Open Task button to open the task (you can also double-click the task name).
- Review each task included in the Explore the Data Management Solution group to learn more about what is included with the project.
Try the solution
Learn how to trace, analyze, and edit the communications utility network using sample data and step-by-step tasks.
- Expand the Explore Attributes Rules group, select a attribute rules task, and click the Open Task button .
- Expand the Tracing and Analysis group, select a tracing and analysis workflow, and click the Open Task button .
Configure the solution
Set up the solution for your organization by following the prerequisite, configuration, prototyping, and deployment steps necessary to perform a production implementation.
- Expand the Installing Implementation Prerequisites group, select Create a Python project environment, and click the Open Task button .
- Complete all tasks in the Installing Implementation Prerequisites group before continuing on to the Configure Data Model for Implementation group.
- Expand the Configure Data Model for Implementation group, select the task that applies to your implementation, and click the Open Task button .
- Expand the Prototype Solution in a Single User Environment group, select Create File Geodatabase with Schema, and click the Open Task button .
- Complete all of the tasks in the Prototype Solution in a Single User Environment group before proceeding to the Deploy Solution to Enterprise Environment group.
- Expand the Deploy Solution to Enterprise Environment group, select Setup Enterprise Database, and click the Open Task button .