The Capital Project Tracking solution delivers a set of capabilities that help you manage the status of active capital projects, track project performance, share project progress with internal stakeholders, and communicate investments being made with the public.
In this topic, you’ll learn how to use the solution by assuming the role of a user and performing the workflows below.
Update capital project status
You will first assume the role of a public works project lead responsible for communicating schedule, quality, and cost updates on active capital projects.
The updates you provide in the Capital Project Reports app will be immediately viewable to the public and key stakeholders through the Maximizing Capital Expenditures site and the Capital Projects Dashboard.
- In a browser, go to the Capital Project Reports app.
- The Capital Project Reports app shows all categories of capital projects by default. Click Transportation Project Reports to view active capital projects.
- Click a transportation project report in the table to view project details.
You will see the project’s current information, including attachments and comments associated with the project.
- To begin editing the project's information, on the Details tab, click Edit.
- Update the Project Phase, Actual End Date, Actual Cost ($), and Status parameters with new values.
- Click Save.
Monitor active capital projects
As a member of the community, you are interested in learning more about the active capital projects in the community and whether they are on schedule and budget. You will use the Maximizing Capital Expenditures site to learn about the active public investments being made in the community and how you can participate in the capital project planning process.
- Using a browser, go to the Maximizing Capital Expenditures site.
- Scroll down to the Active Capital Projects section and click the Review Active Projects button.
- Enable dashboard filters on the left panel such as Type, Phase, and Fiscal Year to further refine results.
- The map's current extent can also further refine the results shown in the Active Projects list, project summary, and detail information.
- Pan and zoom around the map to dynamically update the refined results in the dashboard.
Using the map extent to refine dashboard results will also honor dashboard filters for Type, Phase, or Fiscal Year, if enabled.
- To view the location and project details for a project, click a project in the Active Project list. Selections made from the Active Project list will automatically pan and zoom the map to the selected project and update and filter the project summary and detail information.